Z24 tranny HELP PLZ - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Z24 tranny HELP PLZ
Monday, November 27, 2006 12:42 PM
Hey all ive got a 97 Z24 with a 4spd auto. Now this is the story. The c.e.l. came on and the tranny went into limp home mode. It would not shift or anything. Now I took it to the shop and they said it was the shift solinoid. So i reaplaced the main one and the ones that go from 1st to 2nd, and that didnt fix it. It came up the same codes and still wound not shift. So i replaced the tranny with one from the junk yard and as soon as i turnd it on same 4 codes. Hade them cleand and everything and they still come and and it still wont shift. Now im wondering if anyone knows anything about this.? The shop said I need a new computer. What do uall think? Thnax KEN

Re: Z24 tranny HELP PLZ
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:34 PM
that happened to me before.. with mine it was a wiring issue and a shop had to go through the whole harness, wire by wire till they found the one..
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:58 PM
my opinion is it is a pcm issue because the trans is partially computer controled i see alot of that at work

Sunday, December 03, 2006 6:53 PM
ok i have a smilar problem, today i took my b & m shift improver off and after i did i drove it and noticed my check engine light and traction light came on, ok so i drove it and the thing jerked from park to any gear and every time you changed gears from park to drive or reverse it jerked like this. so i put my code reader and it said soliniod a and b problems. i was wondering what is involved in replacing one of these and if it is the problem also what kind of cost am i looking at since i want to sell the car anyway.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search