question about spec stage 2 clutch.... - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about spec stage 2 clutch....
Monday, November 20, 2006 5:10 PM
after i installed it....stepped on the clutch pedal....and it DROPS to the floor......anybody else have this problem???....trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the throwout bearing that came with the clutch....or if it SERIOUSLY needs to be bled....thanks...

WHEN I'M GOD, EVERYONE DIES

Re: question about spec stage 2 clutch....
Monday, November 20, 2006 5:27 PM
Bleed it for sure.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, November 20, 2006 7:56 PM
LUCIFER wrote:after i installed it....stepped on the clutch pedal....and it DROPS to the floor......anybody else have this problem???....trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the throwout bearing that came with the clutch....or if it SERIOUSLY needs to be bled....thanks...

Was this the first time you pushed it in after the install? If so you have to bleed the clutch once installed.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 20, 2006 9:22 PM
yes....it did that right after the install.....and i know to bleed it....i just figured there still be some kind of pressure....which is why i'm a bit concerned.....but i guess i'll just keep bleeding.....thanks...

WHEN I'M GOD, EVERYONE DIES
Saturday, November 25, 2006 11:52 AM
LUCIFER wrote:yes....it did that right after the install.....and i know to bleed it....i just figured there still be some kind of pressure....which is why i'm a bit concerned.....but i guess i'll just keep bleeding.....thanks...

could have installed the pressure plate backwards. I did that once, and it wouldn't come back. But it also leaked from throw out bearing and all over floor.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Saturday, November 25, 2006 6:57 PM
No, it jsut needs to be bled. With the many clutches I have done, you had to get down on the floor and grab the pedal with your hand, and push AND pull it back, because the pedal will go straight to the floor, and stay there. You will eventually start to build a little pressure, then go bleed that off. Then, do it alllll over again, keep going until you dont feel and cushion.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search