Clutch/LSD/Eco SC - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch/LSD/Eco SC
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:05 AM
Hey all...wanted to see if anyone knows how a stock clutch and LSD would hold to a Eco SC?

Currently I have a SPEC stage 3 and the SPEC flywheel with no LSD in the car but the clutch has about 30,000 miles on it. It's not slipping that I can tell but I hate the stage 3 soooooooooooooooooooooo much that I don't even enjoy driving the car! Hills are a mother f&%#$&% to say the least! I've learned how to drive it over the last 2 years or so but would really, really like the feel of a stock clutch again and I don't think the SPEC will last much longer so might as well get something I like instead of the same thing!

So if I went back to stock and added a true LSD, would it slip? More so would the LSD help any? If not...how much different is the stage 2 over the stage 3 as far as feel...like stock? What about adding the LSD...change the feel of the clutch? Would a stage 1 work just fine? I don't race every weekend or autox every month either, just enjoy driving the car and hit the track 2 or 3 times a year.

My mods are some bolt ons and the Eco SC so not putting down tons of power here...just want something that feels a little closer to stock and still hold up under a launch and last for another 30,000 miles or so.

Want to hear something funny about this combo...wife won't drive it and hasn't for about...hmmm...2 years!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?

Re: Clutch/LSD/Eco SC
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:06 AM
Get the stage 3+. Drives like a stage 2 but grabs like a 4. That's what I ahve in my car and it is so easy to drive. Pedal feels just like it did stock too.

If you want a LSD I can get you the Quaife...it's only $1,445. LOL. The cheaper idea is to buy the Team Green LSD insert, which I have in my car and love, for about $300-$400 IIRC. It won't change how the pedal feels or anything but it will definately change the way the car reacts to a hard launch. NO MORE TORQUE STEER

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:19 AM
Stage 2 is a big difference to stage 3. I have a stage 2 and it is alot like stock, but does have less play, and does grap better. I would say stage 2 and a TG LSD.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:30 AM
+1 on the SPEC Stage 3+

It is a full disc design instead of a puck design

I am about to pick one up for the GTO

As for LSD, I don't know if EP has one, but I got my LSD for Engineered Performance and it was about $600 and it is a full overhauled differential insert type LSD

..................Which car will hit 400 whp first???..................
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:13 PM
Thanks guys! I think I'll step down to the stage 2 and grab up the TG LSD...see how that combo works. Just want something like stock on the pedal feel but still grab nice!

...add another winter project I guess!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:00 AM
If you really want to be sure its gonna grab get the SPEC 3+ man. It'll drive like the SPEC 2 but it clamps like a SPEC 4.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search