Considering Trans Swap, need some help - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Considering Trans Swap, need some help
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 10:57 AM
OK guys, I have a 2002 sunfire 2200 4spd auto.

I used to own a 5spd eclipse, and love to drive stick, and i kick myself for not getting a stick sunfire, and there is something not right with the transmission now, I believe its the tc, but im not sure, which is why im considering this option....

what is the procedure for swapping in a 5spd getrag trans? i know i need the trans, the cables, and console, and a manual trans pcm. is this all i need to get, and will the trans just bolt in or do i need to do work with mounts or what?

basically what im asking is what all is entailed in doing this swap, ( i will probably have it done at a shop). but what all needs to be done to the car to completely convert it, and will it be worth it?

thanks for any help

Re: Considering Trans Swap, need some help
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:17 AM
hey if you swapping out that auto i wanna upgarde my 3sp 95 to a 4sp if you wanna part it the stuff i thought bout the 5 sp manual swapp but thats a lot of labor dont forget the cv shafts are different
Re: Considering Trans Swap, need some help
Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:20 PM
get with gm guy and he can let u know everything u wanna know.... i just got some stuff from him, will have everything first thing next week then i get to start on my swap.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search