poly tranny mount q's - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
poly tranny mount q's
Friday, July 28, 2006 9:52 AM
I mam about to do the poly bushings for my trannny on my 99 fire..now the litle metal insert there is 2 differnt lanths..where does the long and short one go or is it easy to figure out? phil

Re: poly tranny mount q's
Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:35 AM
i noticed that too when i put my bushings in yesterday.....i would assume that it should be easy to figure out....if they dont work one way the switch them around....

if you were wondering i am swapping in a 5 spd and i just put the bushings in the mounts but have not bolted anything up yet.

Re: poly tranny mount q's
Monday, July 31, 2006 11:18 PM
Dont quote me but i think the longer one goes up front, i made the mistake too of mixing them after i took them out of the box lol. what i did to make sure is pulled the front mount, held the metal busing up to the old mount just to make sure it was the same length, it was.

Ill give you a few tips, take the nose off to move the washer fluid tank. front is easy. now the rear a lot of people have problems with, i thought it was quite simple. basically you take atleast a 3ft extension for your socket, remove the bolts for the mount to the tranny, then get a gear wrench and remove the bolt to the mount. then remove the brake cylinder from the booster, this gives you plenty of room to remove the mount from the top, if you try from the bottom you hit tons of lines and it wont come out no matter what. so try that and make sure you have the trans supported by a jack.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search