what options do i have? hoping there is something - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what options do i have? hoping there is something
Monday, July 17, 2006 9:33 PM
hey guys,

ok here is the deal, i am just finishing installing a turbo along with an AEM standalone engine management system on my 96 2.4 thats gunna be running 16-20 lbs of boost making a peak of about 400 hp and i know that my isuzu junk is not gunna hold up when i want to mash on it. i have the option of using a two step launch control with my AEM and would really like to put some slicks on it and see what i can get it to lay down at the track. i have been trying to do some research and reading about this issue but have not found the answer i am looking for. ok here is what i know, i am hearing about stronger spider gears in the geo storms (sorry dont remember the model) but i know it was a certain one. i also found alot of good comments about the team green LSD's, and i know that quaiffe makes an LSD for the isuzu that is supposed to be nice but is a little spendy. however here is my question, is the team green LSD as strong as the quaiffe? i noticed a few people saying that the quaiffe comes as a hold new assembly with stronger spiders or something. if i did go ahead and install the quaiffe would the isuzu be able to handle this much power and hard launches with my spec stage III? i know the the team green LSD's are personally built and slip in between the factory spiders but wouldnt you still have the weak factory spiders in there that would be prone to breaking with a hard launch and high hp? basically i want to know what options i have, i want to try and keep the isuzu case so i dont have to mess with different mounts and all that junk. i do have polyurethane mounts on my isuzu but other than those and my spec stage III thats about it? if any of you could please help me out i would appreciate it, thanks again.

Re: what options do i have? hoping there is someth
Monday, July 17, 2006 9:50 PM
well i can prettymuch say its never been done on a team green lsd, but i wouldnt hesitate to try it from the quality of the units.

you're going to have alot more problems than just the diff. imo you're going to snap more axles than you will ever hurt the diff unless you get some bad wheel hop, or something isnt setup correctly.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 5:40 AM
I got my hardened spiders out of a 1991 SOHC Geo Storm. I got the entire tranny w/67K for $100. I'm pretty sure it's any of the SOHC Storms, among other cars. If you search for spiders you should find it.
Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:13 AM
First, I don't think Quaiffe makes the LSD for the Isuzu anymore, and they want a minimum order of like $20,000 to make it again. The Quaiffe unit is the entire differential, it is true LSD. Team Green is an LSD insert, its two plates that are held with springs, very similar to the Phantom Grip.

I would ditch the Isuzu completely and go to an NVG setup.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:51 PM
I agree with shifted 100%

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search