Please Help - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Please Help
Friday, July 14, 2006 5:30 PM
On the transmission for a 2.2 auto 3 speed there is a 4 prong blue plug with 2 wires coming out of it on the front right side of the transmission if you look at it from the front. The problem im having is that one of the wires broke of it so close that i cant spice it. also does anyone know the name of the sensor it plugs into and if i can just replace that with out pulling the tranny apart. I have to drive back to texas on thursday so im strapped for time.
Thanks alot

Re: Please Help
Friday, July 14, 2006 5:41 PM
Sounds like the plug for the torque converter lockup clutch. Won't hurt to have it unplugged, you may lose a few mpg on the highway though.
Friday, July 14, 2006 5:55 PM
Can you pull out the part that goes into the tranny and replace that or do you need the tranny apart to replace it?
Now if im driving 1500 miles will that not being plugged in affect the tranny?
Friday, July 14, 2006 6:25 PM
You can just replace the connector...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, July 14, 2006 6:52 PM
Yeah I know but the connector was really lose into the sensor and thats why i was wondering if you could just pull it out and put a new sensor in two
Friday, July 14, 2006 8:16 PM
The connector in the tranny goes to the Aux. Valve Body Relay, Governor Pressure Switch and Oil Pressure Switch.
Click here for TranStar Catalogs, then click on DOWNLOAD in the TH125 Transmission Section. Scroll down to Diagram G and see part numbers 180G, 181G and 182G. Go down the listing and look for Electrical Products on pages 37 &38.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search