Air in my clutch? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Air in my clutch?
Friday, July 14, 2006 5:21 PM
I've been driving the Sunfire around today, and one time when I was pulling out of a parking lot, I pressed the clutch pedal to the floor, and it wouldn't come back up. A bit scary for a second or 2. I just pulled the pedal back up with my foot, then when I shifted, I just pressed the clutch pedal about halfway to the floor and it works fine. Does my clutch need to be bled?

Re: Air in my clutch?
Friday, July 14, 2006 8:23 PM
Um, heh, I think my problem was caused by an out of place floormat. I read this over at automotiveforums.com and that guy's problem sounded just like what I was noticing. Then when he said he simply pulled his floormat back and it solved the problem a light went off in my head, so I had to go out and try it myself. I pulled my floormat out and went up the road. So far, no more clutch pedal binding! Man sometimes I feel dumb I think I will try bleeding my clutch tomorrow though, just as a maintenance thing.
Saturday, July 15, 2006 12:31 PM
I have the same issue in my 03 Cavalier. That started happening to me after I had my master/slave cylinders replaced due to a hydraulic leak. It'll stick once in a while if parked on an incline than a few kicks to the clutch and its fine again. I assumed it was either air in the lines or a problem with whatever mechanism pumps the fluid through the lines.
Sunday, July 16, 2006 3:03 PM
yes these floor mats do that bud!! almost killed me once!! wonder if its a lawsiuit possably? hahafaulty floormats, this might produce a recall!

Fireboy153
Brady Fire Co. - Station 150
Long Live The Sunflower! (yea its not so "cool")
Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:37 PM
this happened to me also a few times....in my old 2nd gen's and my talon, @!#$ is a bit scary at first until you realize o, its my floormats...ha, glad to hear it was just that and not an issue tho
Monday, July 17, 2006 9:46 AM
I met a girl at a bar once, and while chatting she said that she was stressed out because her clutch was acting up in her 01 Sunfire. I went out to look at it for her, and the pedal was on the floor. I moved the carpet back and *boing* it popped back up.
It got me her phone number, but I never called her.
Monday, July 17, 2006 12:34 PM
I'd taken my floormats out months ago thinking that was my problem, still happens to me on occassion with no mats.
Monday, July 17, 2006 1:02 PM
Also, sometimes the backs of the bolts for my pedal covers gets stuck on the carpet. Happened a couple of times until the carpet wore away.
Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:08 PM
yep, that floor mat got me a few times.
sucks .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search