Right hand drive 2.4z - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Right hand drive 2.4z
Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:02 AM
alright, im not sure if this should be in this forum, kind of my question. what would be involved in doin a Right hand drive conversion from the toyota 2.4Z. the engine and tranny are still mounted the same way correct, not reversed? the pedal assembly would have to be completly redone, holes in firewall? patch old holes? steering assembly?

im not sure if anyone has done this yet but i'd give er a go if i can get my hands on the parts.

also, what are the legalities of right hand drive, i heard that you have to have a sticker that says you're RHD?

Re: Right hand drive 2.4z
Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:14 AM
found some info in the interior forum... shoulda thought to look there. not too much info though. so far I have learned that only 3 cavs have successfully completed it and no fires yet....

maybe ill try to get my hands on a 2.4z

still wondering about laws though.
Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:30 AM
rhdcavfire did it... originally a sunfire.

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:19 AM
Z2Flip4 has the firewall and dash assembly for sale from a RHD Z.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:24 PM
anyone know if the fusebox is still on the same side?
Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:49 PM
The last weekend I was helping to disassembly the panel of a Toyota 2.4 Z ex-RHD to install a stereo. I was horrified!! The dash cover was glued with the dash and was impossible to tear it apart! After unscrewing a bolt in the side panel (yeah! they got a bolt) found it filled with fiberglass... ugh... Finally figured out that those "technicians" who made the conversion, made a pop up cover for the stereo slot.
Those kind of conversions are very common in my country, have to cut and solder some vital pieces... and are under debate.
The fuse panel was in the left hand, as the fuse box in the engine bay... no OBD connector under the steering wheel...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search