Clutch and tranny blew. - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch and tranny blew.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:38 AM
I got a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire with a 2.2 ohv 5 speed, yesterday my clutch blew up taking my tranny with it....unfortunally. I got a CenterForce Stage1 dual friction in the mail but I was wondering what options I have when getting a new tranny, is there anything better then the gretreg tranny that comes stock or can I get any treatments to makes the gears stronger and more reliable cause I already had a problem with 2nd gear syncro and hub and had to rebuild it, now this has happened and I got a huge hole in the back of my transmission and I dont need anymore crap happening like this. Since I'm getting my clutch and need a new tranny I just need some options on what I can do.

Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW I live in Winnipeg Manitoba so I dont know what kind of stuff can be done out here but I am ready to ship anything out.

Re: Clutch and tranny blew.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:17 PM
i think you shouldn't peel out of your school parking lot every day. that might help you little dusch bag
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:30 PM
Hey, maybe a comment on how to help this guy would have been better, douchebag. Learn how to spell.

1983 Camaro Z28
Friday, June 16, 2006 3:54 AM
well first off you can get a used rebuilt tranny with a one or two year warrantee which will cover your ass at least for awhile or you can get a used tranny with decent mileage in good working condition and have the gears cryo-treated which has been proven very effective for most but can get costly. if you decide on a tranny PM me and I can get you one for a decent price or one under warrantee as well whichever route you decide to go, good luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search