Slave cylinder is bad - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Slave cylinder is bad
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:42 PM
Hey, I just got my car checked out b/c the clutch fluid was leaking. They said the slave is bad and I should get a new clutch kit. They wanted $464 for the kit. I was reading through the forums and see people talking about spec stage 1-3 clutch. I do want get some thing better b/c if I do get a turbo sometime soon, I want a stronger clutch. Where would I look to get the spec stage 1,2, or 3 for a good price. And will this include all the things I need that will be in a "clutch kit." Like the Master and slave cylinder?

Can someone help me out with this. Thanks

Re: Slave cylinder is bad
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:54 PM
Spec Stage 2 is said to be a pretty good kit, it comes with a Slave cylinder included.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:05 AM
you can get the Spec 1-3 from Karo at www.carcustoms.net it includes the slave cylinder, clutch, pressure plate, and alignment tool. you only need to replace the master cylinder if it is bad and that can be done at any time. the stg 3 is cheaper then the price you were told and if you do plan on going turbo in the future then you should decide on what clutch your going to need now. so you dont have to do it twice. stage 3 is what im going to be using once my car is put back together, but once that one goes i will be getting 3+. hope that helps.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:10 AM
We have a sale of 10% off spec clutches right now, prices marked on the site are the new discounted price. Really an awesome buy right now. Also yes all the J-body clutch kits come with the slave cyl. and TOB.

Check our www.TurboTechRacing.com

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:51 PM
Karo (CarCustoms) took care of me on my Prothane Tranny Bushings and Spec Stage 3 Kit. Great Prices, and allowed me to pick between (2) Clutch Plates. Called him for advice, and got the help I needed.That's Service...
Friday, March 31, 2006 3:50 PM
my slave cylinder is also leaky, can it be replaced without doing the whole clutch procedure, my clutch is still good but i wanna get this problem resolved.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:11 PM
if the clutch got wet, then its bad, and will have to be replaced. I honestly think that my ACT Clutch and Fidanza flywheel are fine, and my new slave went bad (was slightly leaking, and couldnt hold a good pedal).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search