5 Speed Problems - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5 Speed Problems
Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:10 PM
Ok this is real wierd I started my car and pushed the clutch in and put it in reverse and the car went forward. I went through all my gears and the all went forward. I then put it in neutral and pushed it back to wear I could drive in 1st. However 1st gear felt like 3rd or 4th it seemed like all my gears are out of whack. Also if I have it in 1st I call push the shifter all the way to 5th with out pulling it out of gear. It is very bizarre. My buddy said something about the linkages but I am not taking any chances. I am taking it to the mechanic tommorow but was wondering if anyone knows what it might be. Give me a heads up on what it might be and see how much it will set me back.

Re: 5 Speed Problems
Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:14 PM
check your shift cables and linkages.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:05 PM
Turns out it was bushings. My mechanic called to replace them but GM only sells the whole kit with cables and what not for $130+ so he just modified some of a Nissan and it works flawlessly. Only $100 for bushings, labor, recharge my A/C, and an oil change.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:52 PM
So I guess it just bumped u into 4th instead of reverse right next to it?

Friday, February 10, 2006 4:29 PM
No there was no reverse what so ever. Which was really weird. 1st and 2nd gear was the same it felt and the rest including reverse seemed to be 3rd or 4th. I could get to about 45mph before my shift light came on. It was a nightmare. Anyways it is fixed now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search