Flywheels - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flywheels
Saturday, January 21, 2006 12:20 PM
i have to have some work done on my transmission and clutch and i was wondering if there is a company that makes a light weight flywheel for the cavaliers, and also i was wondering if it would be worth it to put on in. I have a 99 cavalier Z24 with around 115,000 miles. thanks guys

Re: Flywheels
Saturday, January 21, 2006 1:03 PM
stuz24 wrote:i have to have some work done on my transmission and clutch and i was wondering if there is a company that makes a light weight flywheel for the cavaliers, and also i was wondering if it would be worth it to put on in. I have a 99 cavalier Z24 with around 115,000 miles. thanks guys

If you plan on keeping the car, it would be worth it IMO.

Fidanza and Spec brand aluminum flywheels are identical. Except Fidanza is a lot cheaper.

We sell both at www.turbotechracing.com and have all fidanza flywheels in stock.

Also we now carry Spec cluths and are offering 10% off MSRP on any J-body clutch. Email us for details.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, January 23, 2006 3:15 PM
anyone else have anything to say about the subject?
Monday, January 23, 2006 3:49 PM
waist of money... plain and simple.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:00 PM
i have a lighter flywheel on my car and i must say it made it more of a joy to drive. it might be hard at first because it will rev alot easier than before. also, if you like to slow down by downshifting it won't be a effective with a lighter flywheel. it does "free up" horsepower tho by making it less work to spin the flywheel.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:18 PM
i have one and enjoy it have had it for 2 years now. I am not regretting it.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:08 PM
i got the spec flywheel and it was worth it.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:59 PM
oh yeah mine was fidanza

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:12 PM
wow, thanks for all the input guys. keep it comming, Manitoba Motorsports why do you say it is a waste of money?
Thursday, January 26, 2006 1:25 PM
I've had my spec flywheel and stage 3 clutch for 6 months now, and no complaints. It helps a lot when accelerating, and that clutch grabs real tight.
Friday, January 27, 2006 7:18 AM
jimbo84233 wrote:I've had my spec flywheel and stage 3 clutch for 6 months now, and no complaints. It helps a lot when accelerating, and that clutch grabs real tight.

I've had that setup for over 3 years now. Love it.

Friday, January 27, 2006 9:50 AM
Any comments on how it helped accelleration? Many folks say it actually slowed them down. One guy said he went from mid-15's to low 16's with a Fidanza flywheel. My interest is drag racing, not necessarily auto-x or others. So I'd like info. on how they work with purely drag focus.
1) How is accelleration off the line?
2) How is accelleration from a roll?

Many were concerned because now there's less mass there, so the RPMs fall faster when you let off. Anyone actually become slower w/ light flywheel?

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:29 PM
i havent been slower with a flywheel. I will say you shift slow you may loose some time with the RPM drop you are a fast shifter you will see some gain.

all the time

Monday, January 30, 2006 1:11 PM
Quote:

Cypher
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:00 PM

i have a lighter flywheel on my car and i must say it made it more of a joy to drive. it might be hard at first because it will rev alot easier than before. also, if you like to slow down by downshifting it won't be a effective with a lighter flywheel. it does "free up" horsepower tho by making it less work to spin the flywheel.

when I downshift, i still slow down just as much as with a stocker...

acceleration wise, I think it helped a lot

of course, I didn't just do the clutch n flywheel I swapped the motor too so I guess my opinion is a lil shaky since there's so many variables

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:06 AM
also where is a good place to buy a master/slave cylinder and new clutch?
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:32 PM
stuz24 wrote:also where is a good place to buy a master/slave cylinder and new clutch?

The slave cylinder comes with the SPEC clutch kit. The master cylinder can be found at a NAPA or Autozone.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:13 PM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:
stuz24 wrote:i have to have some work done on my transmission and clutch and i was wondering if there is a company that makes a light weight flywheel for the cavaliers, and also i was wondering if it would be worth it to put on in. I have a 99 cavalier Z24 with around 115,000 miles. thanks guys

If you plan on keeping the car, it would be worth it IMO.

Fidanza and Spec brand aluminum flywheels are identical. Except Fidanza is a lot cheaper.

We sell both at www.turbotechracing.com and have all fidanza flywheels in stock.

Also we now carry Spec cluths and are offering 10% off MSRP on any J-body clutch. Email us for details.

Ok, you've convinced me, I just ordered a fidanza from you guys, nice to see some more j-body support coming in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search