transmission module - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
transmission module
Monday, January 16, 2006 10:34 AM
i was reading the library earlier today and i saw that there is a transmission module that can allow you to modify line pressure and torque convertor settings.

is this possible on all the automatics or a specific kind.

i have the 4spd auto in my cav and was just curious. i would definatly be interested in this if i could improve my fuel economy with it by making the torque convertor lock up sooner and increase my line pressure slightly.

Re: transmission module
Monday, January 16, 2006 10:41 PM
It's called the Autotrans Interceptor... available all over the place... only works on 4 speed autos, so you qualify

Saturday, January 21, 2006 10:51 PM
I Just Installed it like 4 hrs ago ... it is great... way more hp you can feel..and torque... i can do long burnouts now just by hardly touchin the gas...I'll admit i probably have crappy tires though... So far i likey... Oh man its great on the FreeWay also..!!!

Sunday, January 22, 2006 1:56 PM
Dyno it. You'll see it's only at part throttle, full throttle is unaffected.

Actually, don't waste your money dyno'ing that garbage. Karo already did, it gave him MAYBE 1 hp gain. Enough that could have been dyno error.

You want more power? Push the pedal down further.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:34 PM
NA man I got everything stock and then i put it on and i can feel sooo much of a difference...(For what you call 1 hp) #'s aint anything its how much you can fell of a difference. Wowa I cant wait to get my high flow cat... that will be like 2 more hp I cant wait...!!!!!

Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:26 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:Dyno it. You'll see it's only at part throttle, full throttle is unaffected.

Actually, don't waste your money dyno'ing that garbage. Karo already did, it gave him MAYBE 1 hp gain. Enough that could have been dyno error.

You want more power? Push the pedal down further.

Uhhh.... I posted this in the wrong thread. it was meant for the JET chip thread (which IS garbage)

The Autotrans Interceptor is a great mod. I had one, it was fabulous. I highly recommend it.

Now, to put down the crack pipe...

Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:36 PM
Oh... Its all good... i thought you were just being an A** Hole...
Never mind that.., But yeah its a great mod... I woulnt suggest to put it on your car if your car is just a commuter car, work and home again, if you kno what i mean... it is for if you like to race around everywhere. I dont think its good for your car if you are going pretty slow alot.....

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:03 PM
How hard is it to install? Would it work on an 04 auto cavy?

you want it WHEN??
Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:44 AM
It fits on all 4speed. It ain't hard. plug one end on the tranny and the other on the plug. Adjust the module and go.

I'm using the B&M shift plus so I had to solder 2 wires.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, February 03, 2006 5:43 PM
There was a few people that had probs with one of these though, either the shiftplus or the interceptor after using it for a few years.

If anyone that has either of these could post your thoughts it would be greatfully helpful.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:15 PM
you can have problems with a stock trans after a few years too...

was the issue resolved by removing the interceptor/shiftplus? if not, then its hard to say what might have actually caused the failure.

One thing to keep in mind is that these things increase line pressure and firm up the shifts, basically making the trans components work a little harder... it would be wise to install an air-air trans cooler along with the trans controller, its not hard and they sell for like $50 or so.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:24 PM
Thatīs for sure.
Friday, February 10, 2006 4:49 PM
hey guys I got a 1999 z24 with a auto 4 speed I like to race but I need a little more edge on the standerd trans guys so I wana know if this mod will help me out eny info would be mutch apreacated
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search