trans temp gauge issues - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trans temp gauge issues
Monday, January 09, 2006 5:35 PM
hey everyone -
tryin to install tranny temp gauge but having issues... i got the sunpro electric temp gauge ( mechanical wouldnt come close to fitting) and the sender wouldn't fit inside the plug under the cooler lines - it seemed too long and i couldnt get the threads of the sender near the trans housing there was a gap b/w the 2 ] [ <-that much and i was wondering whats keeping it from going in all the way, is it possible to get around this? pic of sender threads are exactly the same as the plug, its just that the sender wont fit in the hole all the way any help would be appreciated and if theres another sender i can use with this gauge from another manufacturer or whatever, would anyone know?

ps. i know im kinda goin cheap gauge-wise (autometer would have been better brand but....) wallet is a little thin rite now...

Hellraiser and Lil Lightning

Re: trans temp gauge issues
Monday, January 09, 2006 6:39 PM
Uhh... yeah. Return that garbage.

Autometer, $20 tops on Ebay. And it fits.

Monday, January 09, 2006 8:14 PM
im using auto meter and no problems

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:35 AM
yeah im thinkin bout it more and im gonna go autometer, autozone said they would allow an exchange... .hopefully i can return. if not ill hafta ghetto rig it or somethin with an exchange.

both the plugs on the trans work the same way with temp or is one better?

Hellraiser and Lil Lightning
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search