I need Pro advice!!!??? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need Pro advice!!!???
Monday, December 19, 2005 7:51 PM
Will this really help my 02 2.2 Eco auto 3spd tranny???

http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=1136

Re: I need Pro advice!!!???
Monday, December 19, 2005 7:52 PM
scratch that i mean 4 spd tranny!!!

Monday, December 19, 2005 8:03 PM
yes

it'll shift harder, and at a higher rpm

I've driven an eco auto with this installed, and on stage 2 (100% line pressure) it chirped 2nd gear.

there's also the shift plus by rksport, but I like the B&M unit better because you can adjust it from inside the car

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:36 AM
The shift plus is from B&M. The other one is the Autotrans.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:19 PM
I like mine, and I notice a tenth of a second or so off my 1/4 mile ET. I mounted mine on the center counsol, next to the seat. Like I said, I like it....and you can't beat the price either.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 4:58 PM
Sam wrote:I like mine, and I notice a tenth of a second or so off my 1/4 mile ET. I mounted mine on the center counsol, next to the seat. Like I said, I like it....and you can't beat the price either.

Sam

We have heard the same.... 0.1-0.2 seconds off the 1.4 mile

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:58 PM
How do you put it on???
Do i Need wiring experance???
Or does it plug inot something???
I plan on getting it for shure, I just need to know how to actually put it on...
an 02 Eco ...

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:55 AM
It's 2 wires. you'll have to splice 2 wire on the transmission harness. It's easy. Just different connectors or solder them.

follow his description

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:05 PM
my boy on his stock tires was able to chirp 2nd gear on his auto tranny.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.6@86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Friday, December 23, 2005 7:16 PM
I chirped my tires like the first 2 times I had it in. I do not drive in the 2nd setting on the street, but I drive on 1 all the time.

Basically, you splice into the 2 wires (use the search button for directions, I used the ones on here too), run them from the inside of your car to the engine bay, solder and tape is what I did, mount and enjoy! Real simple, the hardest part is trying to find a convienent place to mount it.

My friends have it on the dash, I have it attached to my center counsol w. velcro if I need to take the center out, and some have it by the ODB II port. Preference!! Email me if you want: atroxaranea@hotmail.com

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Friday, December 23, 2005 7:37 PM
Max D wrote:Will this really help my 02 2.2 Eco auto 3spd tranny???

http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=1136

I didnt think GM put a 3spd on the Ecotec, im betting its a 4spd, or you have a 2200, not an ECOTEC?

Friday, December 23, 2005 11:11 PM
Ender_Wiggin wrote:
Max D wrote:Will this really help my 02 2.2 Eco auto 3spd tranny???

I didnt think GM put a 3spd on the Ecotec, im betting its a 4spd, or you have a 2200, not an ECOTEC?

He corrected himself by saying he had the 4T40E. I'd also like to add that the Autotrans Interceptor has many more settings that you can adjust to and is much easier to install. There are no splicing of wires, just plugging into a harness. The only downside is you can't adjust it from inside the cabin.

Blown.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search