1995 5 speed swap - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1995 5 speed swap
Monday, December 12, 2005 8:27 AM
Alright, I have a 95 Sunfire with the lame ass 3 speed tranny. I'm interested in doing a 5 speed swap. I was planning on getting the parts from a junk yard. Here's what I know I need:

Transmission
Clutch Pedal
Shifter cable

I' m not sure about a few things though. Will I have to do anything to my center console? Also, if I do get the tranny in, will I have to reprogram my cpu?

Any info you have is helpful. Thanks..

Re: 1995 5 speed swap
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:10 PM
do a search, its been covered many times. All the parts are listed.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:30 PM
You are better off just selling it and buying a new one to be truthful. (unless you have the time and can do it yourself)......BUT still...

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:27 PM
man, i changed the clutch in my 95 a couple years back, and damn that can be a b!tch!!
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:45 PM
Short Hand wrote:You are better off just selling it and buying a new one to be truthful. (unless you have the time and can do it yourself)......BUT still...

I don't think my mom would let me sell it. Not only that, but this car has been babied since day 1. My mom has all records of everything done to it, and she never drove it hard. That's why I just want to swap.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:32 PM
tylEr wrote:
Short Hand wrote:You are better off just selling it and buying a new one to be truthful. (unless you have the time and can do it yourself)......BUT still...

I don't think my mom would let me sell it. Not only that, but this car has been babied since day 1. My mom has all records of everything done to it, and she never drove it hard. That's why I just want to swap.

LOL

AND U THINK SHE'S GUNNA LET YOU RIP APART THE ENGINE TO MAKE IT STICKSHIFT

THIS ISN'T LIKE AN OIL CHANGE

THIS IS A PAIN IN THE ASS SWAP
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:33 PM
Daniel Alonzo wrote:
tylEr wrote:

LOL

AND U THINK SHE'S GUNNA LET YOU RIP APART THE ENGINE TO MAKE IT STICKSHIFT

THIS ISN'T LIKE AN OIL CHANGE

THIS IS A PAIN IN THE ASS SWAP

She doesn't know what all would happen during the swap. Nor would she ever know unless I showed her pictures. My friends neighbor has already said he could do it. He told me he would do it for the cost of parts and a few hundred extra for labor. So I was thinking around $1000.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:48 PM
i just finished this swap

but i swaped the 2200 automatic to ecotec 5 speed

man is that swap a pain in the ass it works but i have all types of f"ing lights on like the check engine

and no tractions

i gota get my computer reflashed now

motor mounts are diffrent to you gota get them custom made and man is that a drag
Friday, December 16, 2005 1:09 AM
If you read this thread, you will see what parts are needed:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=41&i=19987&t=19987#19987

I have to sadly agree. Unless you have alot of money and want to really invest that much into it, I wouldn't go for it. It's too involved for my taste and my budget. If you can do it, go for it.

My question is, are you going for performance?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 16, 2005 11:46 PM
Hmmmm, so I need to find a whole new 95 Sunfire. That could be fun, lol.
Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:05 PM
you could get one for not too expensive. i mean, jbodys value isnt too much as a 95. but i just have to ask.....is this your moms car that your gonna change all this on or is it your car?

i'm baaaaack!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search