Possible clutch issue. - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Possible clutch issue.
Monday, December 05, 2005 3:13 PM
Ok I just changed my starter and when I changed it I ended up moving the clutch wire. When I drove it the clutch was half engaged as it wasn't fully in gear and I eneded up burning the hell out of it. Now when I put I pull off it is kinda hesitant but pulls off regularily. I don't smeel the clutch burning but I am thinkin it is time to change it. Am I right?

Re: Possible clutch issue.
Monday, December 05, 2005 3:16 PM
The last time I drove it the temp was like 60 degrees Faranheit. Now it's like 20 degrees. Do you think I should drive it around a little more to see if it's actually that as the car isn't registered now because I had some repairs to do. But I usually take it out around the block for like 30 minutes to make sure everything is done correctly. I haven't driven it in like 2 weeks since the temp just dropped.

Monday, December 05, 2005 5:54 PM
As long as there is no problems with it now I see no need in changing it. If its starts slipping yeah, but as long as you dont race it I dont think it would be a necessary change.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:53 PM
Just drove it for a few and It just shift fine after about 5 minutes of driving. I am guessing a tranny fluid change.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search