System too rich code - How I fix - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
System too rich code - How I fix
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:53 AM
First off the car is a 2002 ecotec ls sport. Ok with stock injectors in the car runs fine just way way too lean under boost, so i switched to an 03 style rail with 310cc injectors, car ran flawless under boost perfect afr for the most part but just a tad off. With these injectors in the car began to exibit a wierd issue when I start it the car must warm up to 150 degrees before I can drive it, otherwise as soon as I let off the clutch and come to a stop sign the afr drops to 10.0 and the engine stalls. So I put in an adjustable FPR, no matter what the fuel pressure is it still does the same thing. Then to see if it was just the injectors I put in OEM 2003 style injectors and it still has the cold start problem. My only explaination is that the 2002 PCM cannot properly handle 2003 style injectors, after about 100 miles of driving the check engine light will come on with the P0172 code which is the system too rich.

I'm not quite sure what the problem even is or how to fix it, I'm thinking maybe 2003 PCM or going back to my 2002 rail and using the bosch style injectors in a bigger size, or maybe greddy emanage? I dunno

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: System too rich code - How I fix
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:13 AM
I told you what to do months ago and it woulda saved you tons of money.. but you didnt listen...

my suggestion still stands... go back to yuor 02 rail with the stock injectors and run an fmu

or stick with the 03 rail afpr and add an fmu...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:30 AM
Or buy Greddy Emanage...which I have for sale for a great price and you can completely tune it and has an "autotune" feature...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:42 AM
true^^

all depends on how much you want to spend

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:44 PM
autotune ???? is this true ??? it automatically adjusts the parameters to meet the desired afr............ HUH ?????

I want that now

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:24 PM
but would the emanage fix the cold start problem, that is my main concern and being we are emissions here in PA i also need to find a way of preventing that code from being thrown

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:17 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:but would the emanage fix the cold start problem, that is my main concern and being we are emissions here in PA i also need to find a way of preventing that code from being thrown

I have the same problem Matt... I just keep the foot on the gas a little when coming to the stop

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:00 PM
its annoying as hell and its not something that it should do

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:55 PM
i know bud, I know

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 2:52 AM
its a cavalier man. ;( i think u have a problem that 90% of the boosted jbo members have (minus the gm charged guys). i can't drive mine at all until it is completely warmed up. cold starts i have seen as bad as 11:1 when i start it. i can't do anything about it except drive it and if it stalls, start it back up. quite embarrasing ain't it?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:01 AM
MS that motha'

15.574 @ 89 mph stock

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:29 PM
yea it is embarrassing lol

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:25 PM
Hey Matt did your kit come with the Vortech FMU ?

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:04 PM
no

Thursday, January 05, 2006 4:37 AM
chris orr wrote:Hey Matt did your kit come with the Vortech FMU ?

looks like yours did.. they probly did what I told matt to do.. drop that worthless reflash and run a stock ecu with an fmu...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:25 AM
no theres the option of running an fmu or the reflash, i opted for the reflash

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:04 AM
your mistake

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:23 AM
arent they different IMP's that would throw a wrench jinto things

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:25 AM
could someone please enlighten me as to why people are running a reflash not designed for a turbo system?

FMU all the way...

Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:25 PM
Joshua Huber wrote:could someone please enlighten me as to why people are running a reflash not designed for a turbo system?

FMU all the way...

bacause the computer can compensate up to the flow of the injectors and pressure sensor its programmed for. the glory of boost sensitive programming..

far FAR better than the guess and hope method of the fmu. also no additional stress from crazy fuel pressures on your pump, no check vavles, no idle problems, tune done for you, passes emissions with no effort.. list goes on..

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:36 PM
Jrobz23 wrote:
Joshua Huber wrote:could someone please enlighten me as to why people are running a reflash not designed for a turbo system?

FMU all the way...

bacause the computer can compensate up to the flow of the injectors and pressure sensor its programmed for. the glory of boost sensitive programming..

far FAR better than the guess and hope method of the fmu. also no additional stress from crazy fuel pressures on your pump, no check vavles, no idle problems, tune done for you, passes emissions with no effort.. list goes on..

IF and thats a BIG if they work...

gm's does..

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:08 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:
Jrobz23 wrote:

FMU all the way...

IF and thats a BIG if they work...

gm's does..

true that! i was inferring to gm's for the 2.4SC

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:28 PM
the impedences are like 11.8 to 12.1 i wouldnt really think the .3ohm would make that much difference?

What the hell does a turbo have to do with any of this? Im running a SUPERCHARGER with a reflash made for SUPERCHARGERS

I'm thinking maybe a stock ECU with the emanage it might not have the cold start problem

Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:32 PM
i have heard emanage isn't so good for ecos, maybe i am wrong, MS is cheaper and does the same thing all you gotta do is put it together, and i know you have electronics skills....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/oyyci
http://photobucket.com/albums/d170/Oyyci/
Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:55 PM
Shame to think of all the trouble you are going through with this junk kit for 5-6psi.

Money well spent .

Good luck non the less. Research first about the e manage, i know a few people who have ditched it cause it was nothing but problems(both j body and srt 4 guys). I know there is a guy a while back running it on his ecotec, just cant think of his user name.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search