fmu with 440cc injector? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fmu with 440cc injector?
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:38 AM
is an fmu enough for the 440cc injector? or should it be better managed?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2187947

Re: fmu with 440cc injector?
Sunday, January 01, 2006 12:20 PM
The car won't idle very well, if at all. You need a way to reduce the fuel delivery at low RPM (programable engine management of some sort). And you will more than likely be to rich in the top end. What ratio fmu, size engine, size pump, compressor map? There are more variables than just injectors and fmu that go into engine tunning. In order to expect optimal gains, all these are crucial.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:22 PM
it's possible. afpr and a fmu will do it. im doing it right now.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:38 PM
Jamie S wrote:The car won't idle very well, if at all. You need a way to reduce the fuel delivery at low RPM (programable engine management of some sort). And you will more than likely be to rich in the top end. What ratio fmu, size engine, size pump, compressor map? There are more variables than just injectors and fmu that go into engine tunning. In order to expect optimal gains, all these are crucial.

Hey Jamie...your wrong. Sorry. Im running Accel 440cc injectors and a BEGi 2025 FMU. Idles FINE at 15-45PSI. The ECU pulls enough fuel to make it idle fine. Oh and I still have plenty of fuel to run 12:1 Air/Fuel Ratios at WOT.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, January 01, 2006 3:24 PM
I did not say he would run lean, I said he would more than likely run rich. Based off of my observation and research, he has a 2.4 and you have a 2.2. Two completly different systems. Yours, which I have never played with, and mine, which is like his, where I have 100s of hours in reasearch and testing.

At 15 psi fuel pressure you are not getting a very good atomized fuel spray. All the injectors that I use are rated at around 43 psi where fuel atomization is much better, and BSFC is a lot better.

You even said it your self, the ECU pulls fuel. yours may have the ability to pull more than the ECU I have. Which makes my conclusion accutate.

I have found much better throttle response as well with higher fuel pressure and a lot better emission results.

Also air flow has a major influence on what to run for fuel, so this is where a compressor map comes in. You can run 15 psi on a small turbo and need less fuel than a large turbo running 15 psi. This is because the volume of air is different. 15 Psi at 15 Lbs/min will need less fuel than 15 psi at 35Lbs/min.

I was just going off of basic fundimentals of the internal combustion engine, and theory and research on fuel and air systems.

I am just trying to help this guy out. Some times the information on here can be a little vague and misleading.

So, don't tell me I am wrong.
You have a completly different system. In research, you find that when you test 2 different systems, you typicaly come up with 2 different results. This is how you find things out.

I do this stuff every day of my life and work in a research department with engines that cost from 100,000 to a million dollars.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 3:59 PM
Sorry Hypsy, I wouldnt argue with someone like Jamie. Guy knows his stuff.

As you can tell by his rebutle.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:55 PM
And a silence falls over the crowd..............................

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:27 PM
im not arguing...i simple said his statement was false. the car WILL idle on 440cc injectors. I missed the part about this being for a 2.4 apparently.

I just saw a general question and a very general response so I corrected it.

but im glad to see someone can actually use numbers and reason in their replies. its nice to know people can give backup facts and not just say stuff because its what some guy told them

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search