Help me...please keep my dream alive! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help me...please keep my dream alive!
Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:21 AM
Well as i've posted before i've got the hahn stage 2 with port fueler system on the way and rods, well now the shop that was suppose to do the work say's they cant get it done so i was wondering if anyone know's any good shops in or near missouri that can handle this job! All i want is it to be done when i get back from IRAQ! So yeah if anyone has any bright idea's let me know! Im willing...err i mean my mom is willing to travel to get the work done lol. Ohh yeah i'll be back from iraq on or near the 10th of jan.

2004 Ecotec Cavalier

Re: Help me...please keep my dream alive!
Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:17 AM
bring your car to me. ill help you get it done. probably be more than you want/expect to pay though cause you gotta pull the motor to do the internals

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:45 AM
Hey email me with some kinda est. on the price your talking about, and like i said it wouldnt be me bringing it. But yeah email me and we can discuss some details.

Thanks

Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:13 PM
hypsy(the12secondone) wrote:bring your car to me. ill help you get it done. probably be more than you want/expect to pay though cause you gotta pull the motor to do the internals

are you sure? you can change the pistons and rods with taking the head off i thought.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:24 PM
Grooms wrote:Well as i've posted before i've got the hahn stage 2 with port fueler system on the way and rods, well now the shop that was suppose to do the work say's they cant get it done so i was wondering if anyone know's any good shops in or near missouri that can handle this job! All i want is it to be done when i get back from IRAQ! So yeah if anyone has any bright idea's let me know! Im willing...err i mean my mom is willing to travel to get the work done lol. Ohh yeah i'll be back from iraq on or near the 10th of jan.

2004 Ecotec Cavalier

depends on where in missouri. in Kansas City, check out Dieman Motorsports or MC Racing. For St. Louis area, Lightspeed is a great shop as well.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:34 PM
I live in St. Charles, and from what I hear, lightspeed is good if you drive an import...IDK about us chevy guys. However, a company you DON'T want to go to is Adrenaline Motorsports, unless you have connections with them they will charge you out the arse. Plus, I know a girl who had them build a motor for her EVO MR and after a few hundred miles or so, it locked up! Turns out when they opened the motor up, there were metal shaving EVERWHERE!!! I think they forgot to machine the oil passages in the crank,etc...IDK, but she dumped well over 10 grand to them just to get F*&ked.
If you are just wanting to bore the block and have it honed, take it to Button's off in O'Fallon...they do awesome work! Another company is Reliable Automotive in St. Charles. It's run by this old guy named Dave, he does great work but its slow going since he runs it all himself. He pretty much does 4 cyl rebuilds, were as Button's does pretty much everything but mainly V-8's. Hope all this helps! Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:47 PM
installing a turbo kit is installing a turbo kit. it's not hard to really @!#$ that up too bad.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:03 PM
I got with mc racing in kansas city already and they said they've had fitment issues with hahn kits before and didnt wanna mess with it. They said today they'd get me the number to the other shop in kansas city but didnt say the name of it. Ohh by the way, i live in north west missouri, north of kansas city. ohh and my email is sexyjg@hotmail.com didnt put that earlier

Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:16 PM
Grooms wrote:I got with mc racing in kansas city already and they said they've had fitment issues with hahn kits before and didnt wanna mess with it. They said today they'd get me the number to the other shop in kansas city but didnt say the name of it. Ohh by the way, i live in north west missouri, north of kansas city. ohh and my email is sexyjg@hotmail.com didnt put that earlier

if the number they give you is 816-347-1950, it is Dieman Motorsports. Jake Diehl is the owner, and a GREAT guy, very knowledgable. If you talk to him, tell him Abe referred you and he'll probably give you a good deal.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:32 PM
Alright i'll call him tomorrow, cant really get to a phone at the moment, being here makes things a bit tricky. Hopefully he'll have some good news for me since mc fell through. I just wanan get it all on so i can drive it! lol. Still a little worried about the amount of boost i'll be able to run with only rods though. I wanna take it to the track and see what she's got (im acctually stationed in goergia and they keep the tracks open almost all year round) but i dont wanna over do it ya know? I know im gonna need pistons, but at what point?

Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:46 PM
Grooms wrote:Alright i'll call him tomorrow, cant really get to a phone at the moment, being here makes things a bit tricky. Hopefully he'll have some good news for me since mc fell through. I just wanan get it all on so i can drive it! lol. Still a little worried about the amount of boost i'll be able to run with only rods though. I wanna take it to the track and see what she's got (im acctually stationed in goergia and they keep the tracks open almost all year round) but i dont wanna over do it ya know? I know im gonna need pistons, but at what point?

Tune it on something better and you could run 10 psi.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:52 PM
i could run 10psi with rods stage 2 and port fueler system?!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 2:02 PM
Grooms wrote:i could run 10psi with rods stage 2 and port fueler system?!

err got ahead of myself...but yeah 10psi is it? wow

Thursday, November 17, 2005 2:51 PM
where in georgia are you stationed. I'm here at ft benning. Just wanted to know. I'm also about to get the hahn stage 2, butt its for the 2200. it would be nice to see another j hooked up for once.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:05 PM
Fort Stewart....the mighty 3D ID lol....theres a few j's running around stewart that look nice, but as far as engine work, there isnt any, im still baffled at spotabee saying that i can only run 10psi though, im not saying you dont konw what your talking about cause i know you know more than i do about boost, just thought i'd be able to run more with what i've got. If its the case im just gonna wait till to start on it till i get some pistons and a clutch i guess.....just had my hopes up for it being done when i got back.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:29 PM
Grooms wrote:
Grooms wrote:i could run 10psi with rods stage 2 and port fueler system?!

err got ahead of myself...but yeah 10psi is it? wow

well, here is what i have to way on this. you could run more, but you need a better form of tuning to pull back ignition timing and so on and so forth. the head gasket is also a weak length. i've blown 3 of them in the 2.5 years I have had my car. They just... suck.

Friday, November 18, 2005 11:47 PM
Diemens is the shop just east of KC. They have the AWD dyno right? I had to buy a 3bar map sensor off of them back in September. I was up there for a truck show. Seemed to be a nice shop. We did several dyno pulls.

If you were putting in new rods, wouldn't you go ahead and get a better headgasket anyhow? GM must offer one, they advertise being able to build 500 hp in their book. Supposedly the built some of their hugher hp engiens with off the shlef parts. Of course, they don't daily drive hwat they build either. I would say check around for a really good gasket and be done with it. Let us know how the port fueler works out. That thing looks nice.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:51 AM
Rob wrote:Diemens is the shop just east of KC. They have the AWD dyno right? I had to buy a 3bar map sensor off of them back in September. I was up there for a truck show. Seemed to be a nice shop. We did several dyno pulls.

If you were putting in new rods, wouldn't you go ahead and get a better headgasket anyhow? GM must offer one, they advertise being able to build 500 hp in their book. Supposedly the built some of their hugher hp engiens with off the shlef parts. Of course, they don't daily drive hwat they build either. I would say check around for a really good gasket and be done with it. Let us know how the port fueler works out. That thing looks nice.

Cometic has their head gaskets for the 2200's out now, through Jtuners. But not for the 95-99 LN2.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 1:08 PM
^i thought LN2s were 95-97? i have a 98 and mine is a 2200...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/oyyci
http://photobucket.com/albums/d170/Oyyci/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search