Any ideas??? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any ideas???
Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:11 PM
I have my whole setup but currently with stock injectors. I was thinking about getting the ford brown tops. But then I found the post about "stalling out with ford brown tops." And now i am undecided. What do you guys think i should do? Preferrably without the safc. I just want to run more than 5psi but cant use the 550cc injectors i have because of my safc problems. So any suggestions without using the safc would be great.

"Spent way too much to give up now!!!"

Re: Any ideas???
Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:31 PM
Accell 330 CC
or 440CC (tuned with safc)
should be fine for ya.
At least it was for me till i tried hittin like 10 psi

Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:41 PM
Check this out: [URL=www.034efi.com]034efi[/URL]

<a href="http://www.j-body.org/members/purplhaze">My registry</a>
Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:44 PM
^^^ Link didn't come out like it should be try this: 034efi.com
Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:54 PM
That whole system is about the same price as an e-manage. And we know the e-manage works. This new thing is untested. So wtf? I either run 5psi with stock injectors or have stalling problems with the brown tops, or my car sits in the garage? I am getting really sick of this. Any other ideas? Has anyone had success with the brown tops?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:07 PM
Has anyone had success with 370cc injectors and just a afpr and afmu? No safc?

Friday, October 28, 2005 7:02 PM
turboz24 wrote:Has anyone had success with 370cc injectors and just a afpr and afmu? No safc?

Honestly? Larger injectors, an AFPR, Vortech FMU, and a fuel pressure gauge would work a HELL of a lot better than an SAFC. Hint for good advice, buy a wideband. It's by far the BEST tool to have when tuning your car. You tune for AFR's first, then fix your ignition timing later (if you have the ability to retard your timing, but obviously not with an FMU or SAFC) and then go back and fix your AFR's again. You should be peaking an 11.0 or 11.2:1 AFR at peak boost in WOT with the proper duty cycles. But again, with an FMU you aren't modifying your duty cycles. It's simple. The SAFC adds fuel according to your tune by RPM. So you could be running your car extra lean and not really be sure without a wideband. The FMU adds fuel pressure and fuel based on boost, tunable by boost levels and once agin, have a fuel pressure gauge with you. That's the best way to go in my personal opinion.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, October 28, 2005 11:45 PM
quad 4 ho injectors could help possibily

cavaliers been laid to rest
The saturn is being born
a new cavalier is in the mist
Friday, October 28, 2005 11:45 PM
quad 4 ho injectors could help possibily

cavaliers been laid to rest
The saturn is being born
a new cavalier is in the mist
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search