Adjusting an HKS SSQV BOV....???? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Adjusting an HKS SSQV BOV....????
Sunday, October 23, 2005 4:48 PM
Ran my turbo setup for the first time today... Let it idle... Reved it up a few times.... Noticed the BOV made no noise whatsoever.... So... I figured "Ok, I'll open it up, adjust it, put it back on, and it will work properly.."

Well, if I had any clue how to adjust the thing, I'd be set.. I opened up the housing, and there is a large nut under the top spring shim... So I try turning the nut, and nothing happens..

How the hell do you adjust these BOVs? And why isn't it making a sound?? I have the bov hooked into the FPR Vacuum line....

Help please..

Re: Adjusting an HKS SSQV BOV....????
Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:56 PM
its not opening cause it needs to be hooked up to manifold vacuum source. not the FPR hose

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:03 PM
On a 99 the FPR line is a manifold vacuum source.

Do you actually build boost by reving the motor at idle? If not then the valve shouldn't open.

mj
Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:06 PM
as long as it's T'ed with the fpr line.

How much boost are you running? Is it going into boost when you rev it?

Monday, October 24, 2005 7:04 AM
It should open even without any boost, it just wont make any noise. Snap the throttle from under the hood and just listen for the actual valve to open.
You've got a big turbo on a small engine wide charge pipes. I seriously doubt you will ever see any boost without being under load.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, October 24, 2005 10:05 PM
yeah. I couldn't get my BOV to actually blow off any air unless I was driving and gave it a good rev for a sec or so. Once you get the hang of it you can get it to hiss out on command but it wouldn't do it just from a single rev
Monday, October 24, 2005 10:56 PM
M I N I O N wrote:It should open even without any boost, it just wont make any noise. Snap the throttle from under the hood and just listen for the actual valve to open.
You've got a big turbo on a small engine wide charge pipes. I seriously doubt you will ever see any boost without being under load.

EXACTLY Either way, regardless of turbocharger and piping, you won't build boost when at idle and not under a load at all..

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search