Caspers Knock Gauge? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Caspers Knock Gauge?
Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone has used or installed the Casper's Knock Gauge into their J?

Unfortunately the only downside to running the Haltech is that they don't support knock sensors, so I would like someway of knowing whats going on in the engine. (for safety measures obviously)

I've gotten rid of that stupid a/f gauge, and although this is another fancy light show, it actually does something important.

I am going to be fully tuned and such, but this would be more of a safety precaution for when I dont have the wideband installed.

Did you just splice into the factory sensor wiring and solder the signal wire onto it?

thanks

Steve

Re: Caspers Knock Gauge?
Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:51 PM
Yep i have... good product... to bad i dont see any knock yet... even at 10psi of boost... Granted i run pure alcohol with my injection kit... i suggest it if you running boost... if you want i can get some pictures of it...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Friday, October 21, 2005 2:30 PM
thanks for your reply josh, you've got mail!

Friday, October 21, 2005 9:01 PM
May want to get the gauge display by innovate so u can leave the wbo2 hooked up.

Friday, October 21, 2005 9:27 PM
I was looking at buying the SDS system. Its just a flat panel LED numerical display that tells you your afr. Its compact, and I wont need another gauge pod to fit it.

I have the sensor, so I need to see how much the unit itself would cost me.

the knock sensor will be installed as well. Its a nice tool to have

Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:54 AM
I have one but have not installed it yet. Anyone have a good set of directions for wiring up on an Ecotec?? If so, please email me - akvilhaug@yahoo.com Thanks!

Looks like its a nice set up - sure its a fancy light show but its something I'd be interested in seeing instead of just listening for knock.

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Saturday, October 22, 2005 5:07 PM
I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I have a 1 wire knock sensor. Its grounded to the block itself.

Once I have the haltech running, that'll be the only thing using that wire.

Monday, July 17, 2006 9:50 PM
unfortunately stevefire you can connect directly to the esc itself. you need an esc module apparently. this convers the signal to a useable signal for the ecm, and particularly the knock sensor.

farmerz24
Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:01 AM
Real old post! wow.

I have that sensor and all the wires that it came with ( never installed ) for sale. Caspers Black Face Knock Sensor if anyone wants it. It has the Caspers Electronics logo on the face, not the GN logo like the picture below does:

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:49 PM
well, I bought one way back when I first made this thread up, and ya the sensor does work with the gauge, but not with the standalone.

I can at least monitor knock via the gauge while I'm tuning.. very handy tool thats forsure!!

I think everyone with a boosted application should use a knock gauge.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search