lines for boost gauge - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lines for boost gauge
Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:52 AM
ok, so lemme tell you a little story lol.....

well not a story, just my setup lol....

ok, so when i went and tried to hook up my boost guage, the stock plastic fpr line wouldnt fit into the 't' fitting i had. so i ripped that out of the little 90 deg nipple thingy, and stuck the boost gauge line into it. it doesnt fit right, so i had to use 2 zip ties to make it stay on there....lol.....so i guess im wondering what kinda lines you guys are using for the fpr 't' method of the boost gauge and fmu and all that stuff......thanks guys

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Re: lines for boost gauge
Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:59 AM
small rubber vacume line fits nice and tight over the hard plastic line so you can cut a few small pieces of that and use a hard T fitting ment for that size line in place. from there you can cut another small piece and use it to go back to the hard boost guage line ( assuming its hard line). making sure you get acurate boost monitering is essential to tuning and any leaks will surely cause problems. good luck...
Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:29 AM
they look like fuel injection line but they are REALLY SMALL......

lI think I used 5/16th inner diameter vaccuum hose... or saomething like that ..

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:30 AM
well ive had the boost gauge on since i put the charger on, and im seeing the boost im suppossed to be seein, i just wanted to know what other people were using....thanks man

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:21 AM
ive got the autometer electric boost gauge , and im using it the with the line it came with

but you can use rubber or the hard line , my guess is you used the wrong rubber line to go over the 1/8" plastic line that came with the gauge

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search