Engine Run up Water Injection kits, questions. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine Run up Water Injection kits, questions.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:16 PM
So, does anybody have one?? http://enginerunup.com/ Seems like a quality kit for the stage 1 100 psi pums ones. Couple of questions tho, it says that they use a pressure switch to activate. What does that hook up to? Coolmist uses a boost switch, so i understand how that works.

--Taken from site--

"Water injection can be as simple as a water pump, pressure switch, check valve and a mister nozzle. However, since you now have the option of increasing your boost to levels that could damage an engine if the water injection failed, we offer you options to safeguard against that, along with other options, in the different kits available. All kits are alcohol safe and backed by a 90 day warranty.

Single Stage Kits:

All kits are alcohol safe. single stage kit is when above a certain boost pressure, usually around 10-12 psi, the water injection begins This works very well. It just limits how much water you can inject, or how early the system turns on. If you only have one flow rate, and depending on your setup, you will either be too moist at low boost settings, or to dry at high boost settings, not taking full advantage of a variable amount of water injection throughout the entire boost range, limiting your power gains."

K, @!#$. It is a boost pressure switch, but around 10-12 psi I 'm only running 4-5 now and with other pulley max 8. I want it to come on at around 3-4psi.

Anybody using this kit?

Thanks.
Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft

Re: Engine Run up Water Injection kits, questions.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:39 PM
I run one but it doesnt really seem to do anything

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:09 PM
You looking at that one on eBay the guy found laying around? Just wondering cause I looked into that auction too .

Search eBay under "alchohol injection" if you didn't see it!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:06 PM
A pressure switch is the same as a boost switch. Boost is pressure, so the switches are the same. The switches are from the same manufacturer, World Magnetics.

Greg
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:09 PM
Sorry for the double post. Our systems (Engine Runup) will work at any boost range from 0-60 psi. I see how our website is misleading on that when it is stated that the injector comes on at 10-12 psi. I will correct that.

Thanks,

Greg
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:35 PM
Thanks for the info!!
Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search