any 2.3 turbos out there - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
any 2.3 turbos out there
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:25 AM
hey just wondering, if any of you guys have turbo'd a 2.3 ho any thing i should be looking out for ?? any common issue and or remmodies ??? and if you got i would ove to know what kind of turbo set up you got boost, internals, and how much relaibel whp are you at ???

Re: any 2.3 turbos out there
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:31 AM
Brian ( speedracerZ) turboed a W-41

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:34 AM
the best 2.3 motor to turbo is the LO, due to its lower compression and less aggressive camshaft profiles. Not knocking on Brian's project at all because I know next to nothing about it. But in factory form, the Quad 4 DOHC non-HO is the best way to go for boost.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:37 AM
2.3 Ho here.

T3/T04E (.48 turbine and .70 compressor)
Haltech F5
Rx7 intercooler

stock 2.3 Ho rods, Hypeureutectic pistons from Speed Pro.

Check my Reg for more info on the engine.

Any WHP number? I don't have any. I ran lean too much and burn the rings. It's slowly coming back to life since I'm doind a restoration on the Gtz.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:18 AM
Spotabee Racing wrote:the best 2.3 motor to turbo is the LO, due to its lower compression and less aggressive camshaft profiles. Not knocking on Brian's project at all because I know next to nothing about it. But in factory form, the Quad 4 DOHC non-HO is the best way to go for boost.

..... yes and no, if you know what your doing its not hard... look at the Hahn racecraft turbo kit.. the stock eco is 10.1

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:18 AM
well qucik question i have the 2.3 ho block 086 head i need ot get the w41 cams where can i get thos cams from ??? also, who much would you say machining is for conver the 2.3 into a strocker, with the 2.4 crank, last what compression are you running on how much boost, ??? daily or max ???
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:31 AM
cutlass 442. late 80's
calia 442 ( W41)
acheva ( w-41)

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:00 PM
You can get new W41 cams from "the race shop".

The race shop

I'm running 9.63:1 compression and I plan on 10psi witch is roughly 300bhp (estimated). It would be while racing only. I'll only drive the car during summer and I'll cut the boost unless I'm racing.

Every machine shop is different. Mine estimate the charge for the line bore on the main between 300 and 500$ CAN (250-450$ US) and you still need to machine the notch on the main cap and the block for the bearings. You need to modify the hole on the bearing for the oil. Then you need to grind some material from the block for the rods bolts to clear.

You have to modify the reluctor wheel too or change the CPS location witch is another few $$ if you have it done.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:24 AM
I never got it running yet due to some finacial issues, but I've been working on a massive 2.3 H/O turbo project. It has taken more turns than I would like to remember. I have an enormouse custom T4 with all of it's specs in my registry. The motor has been at the machine shop a long time and I've recently decided to have a forged crank made. It's going to be running on 30+ lbs of boost and revving above 10k probably sometime in the spring of 2015 at the rate I've been going.... I need a new job. All the head, turbo, valvetrain, intake manifold, turbo manifold and fuel management work is done. I've rebuilt the bottom end about five times now, decided on a new camshaft grind and just recently sold the Cavalier that the engine was originally going in, in favor of a full drag-body car with not title or registration. I started off shooting for 300whp. After going BIG on the turbo build I put my sights closer to 500whp. A couple months ago when I found the new Cavalier to tear apart and make it fully drag trim, I decided to shoot for around the 900whp mark on 110 octane with everything to keep it on the ground.

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search