Intercoolers - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intercoolers
Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:21 PM
In the near future I am going to install a turbo on my car...But it is going to be a custom setup.This will be for an ecotec. any recommendations for intercoolers? or where to get them? I was thinking ebay...

Does anyone know if an intercooler that comes in and out on the same side works as good as one that goes in one side of the car and exits out the other?

I was thinking that the one kind that goes in and out the same side wouldn't quite cool as well because the cold and hot piping is running right beside each other...

Any opinions are appreciated!

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch

Re: Intercoolers
Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:37 PM
Johnny Racecar Intercoolers

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, October 07, 2005 6:57 AM
Thanks

Which would be best the 6in or the 8in? ( I'll be running about 6-8 lbs of boost.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Friday, October 07, 2005 7:43 AM
ECOTEC wrote:Thanks

Which would be best the 6in or the 8in? ( I'll be running about 6-8 lbs of boost.

you won't need anything larger than the 6" classic. It's their most popular intercooler and it works like a champ.

Friday, October 07, 2005 9:15 AM
i have the johnnyrace car 6" for the money deff worth it go for it i like mine

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!
Friday, October 07, 2005 9:40 AM
FYI. The JRC ICs are very good for the money. The DSMers are using them with good results. I prefer B&P IC's but that is just my preferance. I don't like the pressure drop on T&F IC's. On a side note most all B&P (Bar and Plate) IC's are stronger fins that don't bend so easy as must T&F (tube and fin) have thinner fins that bend very easy like just brushing your hand over them.

At you boost levels almost any IC will work for you. You can pick up conquest IC's for dirt cheap. Or get a EVO VIII IC as they are very cheap as well. Hell you can go with a stock SMIC of a DSM picked up for around $50 and it would be a nice stealth install.

Maglin
92 Talon TSI AWD Turbo (HX-35 @ 25 PSI on Pump) 400 AWHP
99 Sunfire (Mostly stock, Lowered w/wheels) Soon to see boost.
Friday, October 07, 2005 10:12 AM
the classics are currently unavailable, but it looks like a great price for an intercooler. what are the limitations on size for our cars ? using stock bumper of sunfire 2004

15.891 @ 88 mph stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...
Friday, October 07, 2005 11:53 AM
i would just pick up a B&P from ebay, i just got one for 175 shipped, was NICE!
Friday, October 07, 2005 11:57 AM
DanteMustDie wrote:the classics are currently unavailable, but it looks like a great price for an intercooler. what are the limitations on size for our cars ? using stock bumper of sunfire 2004

anything up to prolly 5 or 6" think i think. also depends on how much you can trim out of your bumper

Friday, October 07, 2005 12:56 PM
Jeremiah Rempel wrote:FYI. The JRC ICs are very good for the money. The DSMers are using them with good results. I prefer B&P IC's but that is just my preferance. I don't like the pressure drop on T&F IC's. On a side note most all B&P (Bar and Plate) IC's are stronger fins that don't bend so easy as must T&F (tube and fin) have thinner fins that bend very easy like just brushing your hand over them.

At you boost levels almost any IC will work for you. You can pick up conquest IC's for dirt cheap. Or get a EVO VIII IC as they are very cheap as well. Hell you can go with a stock SMIC of a DSM picked up for around $50 and it would be a nice stealth install.

I'm sure a cheap one would work, but even though this is a budgeted, custom setup, I don't want to skimp out on any of the important parts.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search