MSD disII - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MSD disII
Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:49 PM
i searched and found nothing. i also went into the faq like one post directed another guy to do and nothing. could someone explain how this works and how do you set it up. the one i bought is already hooked up and ready for a 2.4 liter. should i be able to just hook it up and itll work or dies it need to be programed. im a newb on this subject.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Re: MSD disII
Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:55 PM
well you have to hook it up to the coild packs, but more specifically, the MSD coil pack module that fits under the coil packs. and if you didnt pick up some coil packs, that would be a good idea too. If its just a regular DIS II it doesnt need any programming, if it has boost retard you'll need a MSD 2 bar MAP sensor and a computer to set the retard tables.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:29 PM
direct from the ebay listing

Quote:

This auction is for the programmable version of MSD's DIS-2 igintion system. The MSD part number is 6212. Included in the aution is the complete wiring harness that was pulled from my car. The ignition is still hooked up to the coil packs from a GM coil-over-plug set-up from the quad 4 and twin cam engines. The coils are included as well as the owner's manual and a 3 bar MSD map sensor for those using this unit for boost retard.

how do i program this thing.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:30 PM
sorry changed name. ^^^^^ thats me bottle fed sleeper.

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:24 AM
MSD offers two ways to program the PN 6212 Ignition. One is on a laptop with the Pro-Data+ Windows based software. This software opens quickly and displays a plotted rpm/timing, boost chart, a real time tachometer, a dial showing the timing retard plus a complete ladder of the adjustments. It can be used with any PC running Windows 95, 98 or NT. Download the MSD Pro-Data+ software. http://msdignition.com/1softdownload.htm

Hand Held Programmer/Monitor
If you do not have a laptop or PC, all of the Programmable DIS-2's features can be adjusted with a hand held Programmer/Monitor. The Monitor communicates connects to the ignition via a 9-pin cable and features six positive contact push buttons for adjustments. The LCD will display all of the programming options which you select to adjust or view. http://msdignition.com/ignition_ac_1.htm

this is all from
http://msdignition.com/ignition_26_6212.htm
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search