Is this a good deal? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is this a good deal?
Sunday, September 25, 2005 10:54 PM
Is this a good deal? (I have NO turbo experience) What parts are missing? How much does it cost to get a turbo system professionally installed (on average)

Thanks in advance

Re: Is this a good deal?
Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:11 PM
no

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:36 PM
Cadwz24 wrote:no

care to elaborate?
Monday, September 26, 2005 2:59 AM
He means NO because the kit is a huge piece of SH^T...... gotta custom cut the intercooler pipes..... they forget to tell you about all the relocating your going to have to do in order to fit the pipes..... no fuel upgrades..... they alone can cost upwards of $1000.00 if done properly.... the first time ........ you need plugs.... what about ignition ???? that kit is not complete...... usuallly... if someone calls a kit a stage 2 or 3 kit... it comes with EVERY little thing in order to make the Stage 3 set up actually a stage 3 set up .............

Good luck..

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, September 26, 2005 6:50 AM
I wouldn't buy that kit either. Frank was in the process of fixing the piping issues as well as the fuel issues in his kits. Wait until he is done if you don't want to piece one together yourself. He is getting it taken care of and will hopefully have a nice kit when he's done.
You might be able to save yourself some cash if you put it together yourself. A grand for fuels seems a bit much unless you are going all out. I spent :
200 -SAFCII
100-4:1 FMU
100-42lb injectors and harness
100-AFPR
40-misc. to tie in FMU as well as tap fuel pressure gauge into rail.
100-Walbro intank pump
The rest is easy to find: Turbo, intercooler,piping,manifold, BOV, oil feed/return,gauges,wideband. It can be done to your needs for a good price, without having to settle for whatever a kit includes.
Good luck!
Monday, September 26, 2005 1:29 PM
Frank and Maximum Boost have a lot to work to do to earn any credibility with this community. No offense, but you are a boost noob, which a lot of people are and I respect that, I'm not going to make fun. My solid advice to ya if you want to turbo your car would be to go to Border's and pick up a book called Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. It's a little outdated but you'll get the basics. If you want a good turbo kit, check out Jtuners (http://www.jtuners.com), formerly Cavalier Connection. They are superb!

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, September 26, 2005 5:29 PM
what ^^^^^ said !!!!!

Booyakasha !!!!except about the noob thing... I'm not a Boost noob
haha

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, September 26, 2005 10:46 PM
Lee wrote:what ^^^^^ said !!!!!

Booyakasha !!!!except about the noob thing... I'm not a Boost noob
haha

i wasn't talkin to you goofball lol. i was talkin to the author of this thread. lol

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 4:37 PM
Thanks for the advice guys
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search