RFL BOV Delay.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RFL BOV Delay....
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:03 PM
I have the Turbo Xs rfl bov on my 2200 and when i get on it and let off the gas, there is some delay before the bov makes its noise. Is there a way of adjusting this so that it is almost immediate after i let off the gas....Would shortening the spring do anything or is there nothing i can do?

Re: RFL BOV Delay....
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:04 PM
hmmmmmmm... like how much delay? it could be a vacum problem

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, September 26, 2005 2:55 AM
^^^ what he said.... or your spring is too tight right now and your getting compressor surges......

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, September 26, 2005 1:16 PM
Id say a good second and a half delay. Mabey over time it will loosen up and should work properly? Ill also check the vacume lines
Monday, September 26, 2005 1:22 PM
are you boosting what your wastegate is set at (at least to the best of your knowledge)? And Lee is also right, compressor surge could also be an issue, which can of course be fixed easily.

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:28 PM
I was just looking at that the other day. My friend who had the turbo first on his avenger said that the wastegate is set to 7psi, so i was going to hold off buying a boost controller. It turns out that ive only had it reach like 5psi so far in a week.
Monday, September 26, 2005 1:30 PM
well in that case be thankful you aren't getting boost creep

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:42 PM
Does screwing or unscrewing the top of it do anything besides take it apart?
Monday, September 26, 2005 1:53 PM
the rfl bov is designed for higher boost applications... i have one on my sunfire running 8psi of boost, and if i let off the gas when not at absolutely full boost... it will chatter and hesitate before blowing off. just take ALL the washers out, and try unscrewing the top a little so theres a little less tension on the spring. i was almost thinking about cutting a coil out of the spring so it wasnt as strong.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search