LM1 wideband - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LM1 wideband
Saturday, September 24, 2005 11:16 PM
I am going to be ordering a wideband, cause the car is running way off. but anyway I wanted to know where the O2 sensor is supposed to go ahead of time, and does the LM1 come with the typical 18mm sensor? Any other advice and info would be greatly appreciated. also what #'s should I be looking for when tuning?

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust

Re: LM1 wideband
Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:18 AM
the o2 sensor goes downstream in the exhaust of your primary o2 sensor (not in place of it).

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, September 26, 2005 12:43 AM
I know it doesn't replace the factory O2's, but does it matter where it is? Can I put it into a cat removal pipe, or is that too far down stream?

Also while I have this post going, what about EGT's, what temps should I look for, I'm thinking nothing over 1400? My temp sensor is about 5" from the turbo on the downpipe, and I have a log mani, if that makes a dif.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Monday, September 26, 2005 6:56 AM
The directions on my PLX wideband say no closer than 24", but do not have a "no farther than" measurement. I would say before the cat, maybe 26"-30" away? Not sure on this one....exhaust still needs welded....
Monday, September 26, 2005 9:22 AM
innovate say 18" away from the turbo cause of the heat

Monday, September 26, 2005 10:12 AM
^^^ That would be about right with mine too, as the 24" on the PLX Devices sensor is "away from the end of the exhaust manifold". Probably the same type of sensor.
Monday, September 26, 2005 1:32 PM
in addition, those sensors don't have a long lifespan. They will charge you $80 for a new sensor should it go out. However, you can get the same sensor from a Volvo dealership for $30

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search