Misfire Question??? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Misfire Question???
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:12 PM
hey guys...i have a custom turbo setup on my 2.4l running NGK tr6's gapped at .032. Now i always seem to trip the Misfire code an get the flashing check engine light but only in fourth gear. I've tried all different gaps on three seperate sets of new NGK's with no luck. And the big thing is my air fuel ratio stays good the whole time it says i'm misfiring an i can't feel it misfire.....how does the computer determine i really am misfiring...is it possible i'm really not??? Any idea why it only trips the code in fourth? I really don't want to have to upgrade my ignition just yet...

Kyle

Re: Misfire Question???
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:56 PM
had this same problem.. it was actually @!#$ty fuel from not going to a good gas station. i still get it every once and while. and its in 4th gear too.. but usually if i get shell v-power i dont have problems.
i know it was the fuel cuz i actally felt it runnign @!#$ty. so i went rigth over and put 2 gallons of 110 in and the problem went away.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 2:54 PM
See in my situation i can't even feel a differance when it says i'm misfiring and i've tried all diferent gas stations with no luck. Can someone explain to me how the ecu determines the car is misfiring? Thanks

Kyle
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 4:00 PM
a few people have been having problems with missfiring while running NGK's, try running a set of ac delco rapid fire 5's

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:06 PM
^ Bingo.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:42 PM
i had a sim prob but it was on an eco and only at the top of 3rd at about 80mph i would get the 300 code, replaced the alternator and serp belt and now its fine, go figure

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:50 PM
Haha that is pretty strange Matt.....if these new plugs don't work maybe i'll try pouring some of that live wire in my gas lol....anyway i found a part # for the ac delco plugs R42LTS...that sound right? The only rapid fires i could find online were platinum...

Kyle
Thursday, August 25, 2005 6:23 PM

its also the ones listed in the gm supercharger kit might be able to cross reference them that way

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:06 PM
New plugs are in and she's still throwing the misfiring code even tho i can't feel it ... How does the computer determine it's misfiring? An if i upgrade the ignition how big of a gap on the plugs do you guys think i could run?

Kyle
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search