what header is best for a GM SC'ed 2.4L engine? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what header is best for a GM SC'ed 2.4L engine?
Monday, August 22, 2005 12:02 AM
im looking to go with a GM sc, so im building up the bolt-ons now. im doing high flow cat, 2.5 inch catback piping and a straight thru muffler.

but im wondering what kind of header should i get? i like the pacesetter armor coated one that gravana sells, but i dont know if it would work well with a SC or not. im guessing the piping needs to be a certain size?

thanks for the replies!

(and i am going to be running the GM SC, but im upgrading some of the items so i can run higher boost....dont know if that matters)

-Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)

Girls make me mad and break my heart, but my car is always there for me.

Re: what header is best for a GM SC'ed 2.4L engine?
Monday, August 22, 2005 9:45 AM
i got just a pacesetter 4-1 header, non coated. I love it. I could really notice the power up top. ANd the rest of my exhaust is still stock.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Re: what header is best for a GM SC'ed 2.4L engine
Monday, August 22, 2005 9:54 AM
No complaints on the PS headers myself. I've had them on 2 cars now. DEF get the coated one and Gravana is awesome to deal with.

Monday, August 22, 2005 9:59 AM
ive got the pacesetter on mine , and a full 2 1/4" exhaust , high flow cat

rsm recomends using the 4-1 header for our cars , it has a higher flow rate due to having less bends and transistions in the piping that 4-2-1 headers have

Monday, August 22, 2005 10:54 AM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:i got just a pacesetter 4-1 header, non coated. I love it. I could really notice the power up top. ANd the rest of my exhaust is still stock.

So you noticed a nice increase even without the rest of the exhaust modded? I've been waiting to bolt mine up until I could afford a full exhaust. Maybe I should just go ahead and put the damned thing on.

Monday, August 22, 2005 11:17 AM
yeah well if you see how crappy the stock header is you will see why. The stock header is designed to heat up the catlytic converter quickly. Its very restrictive. Only problem is i have a check engine light from the o2 sensor in the header. ITs a slow response code caused by the air exhaust gases not being as close and getting a lither reading.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Monday, August 22, 2005 3:55 PM
isuzuperformance 4-2-1 header is what i have .

Monday, August 22, 2005 7:22 PM
^that darn header cost almost as much as a JMTS header!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:06 AM
if i do get the coated PS header from gravana, am i also going to be throwing codes and having the check engine light on? that would kinda bug me a bit.....

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:10 AM
I've never had a PS header throw a CEL on either car.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:21 AM
Not sure if this would help any of you. But I'm buying my turbo unit later this week from Jtuners.com.. I currently have on my car the RSM 4-1 Header, that is in perfect conidition, about 4,000 miles on it now. (used it during the engine break in period.)

I will be selling it once the deal fully goes thru and after install, so within a week or so?

KnightOfLegends@aol.com if you guys would be able to use it, make an offer =)

And yes, the thing sounds wickid and does give decent mods for the money its worth =D

Timothy Kramer

Proudly Sponsored By:
High Rev MotorSports, INC.
www.HighRevMotorSports.Com

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:24 AM
RSM's header isn't CARB legal, PaceSetters is.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:11 AM
is it possible to get a PS header with a 2.5 inch collctor? cause it says all the collectors are 3 inches, but i have a 2.5 in/out cat and 2.5 catback piping.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:26 AM
the collector is 3" but it rounds down to a 2 1/4" hole(because of the ball&socket style flexjoint) , if you can find a shop to make you a 2 1/2" down pipe you can do it that way

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:15 PM
me love stainless 4-2-1 header

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:16 PM
I got the OBX 4-1 sitting next to my car (and parts of it) right now. Hopefully it yeilds a decent gain as well

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:08 PM
Why isn't RSM's carb legal? its a paceheader anyways? And it doens't effect the O2 sensor, its just extended? Before I moved to AZ, my car was smogged, and passed with that header =D

Timothy Kramer

Proudly Sponsored By:
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:22 PM
My bad I didn't know RSM was selling PS's. I thought when you said an RSM header you meant an RSM header and not a PS header you bought through RSM.

If it's a newer header than it will have the CARB plaque on it and you'd be good to go.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:27 PM
yeah it is all legit, I wouldn't of bought it from RSM if I had known it wasn't carb legal, CA is crazy nuts on that, so happy to have moved to northern AZ.. w00t.

Still for sale =D Make Offer (in classifieds)

Timothy Kramer

Proudly Sponsored By:
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search