Anyone run this setup? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone run this setup?
Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:34 PM
Anyone run A Garret T3 super 60 on a 2.4 with stock internals? If so what all fuel mods are required for safe boost at 6-8 PSI?

Re: Anyone run this setup?
Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:40 PM
kane5576 has used that setup and ran some awesome times. Look up his registry to see his mods. I'm pretty damn sure that was on stock internals.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:51 PM
Thanks man I appreciate the help.
Does anyone know if the GM S/C reflash is possible on a 1999 2.4 cavalier. Also would it be worth it to do the reflash if I am running an SAFC or Greddy EManage?
Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:10 PM
For all practical purposes the GM SC reflash will not work on a 99. You could swap over to a 00-02 ECU, but you'd need to swap over a @!#$ ton of other things like, cluster, BCM, emissions and I've heard rumors of the gas tank too and then have to rewire EVERYTHING.

The GM reflash and the SAFC is a great combo on a 00-02, I believe that's what Kanes running. The emanage wouldn't need any other electronics (please someone correct me if I'm wrong).

The GM reflash will get you close to where you'd want to be and the SAFC would be for fine tuning to squeeze as much as possible HP out of the setup.

With the emanage you can just tune and fine tune with it.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:13 PM
awesome, thanks for all this help
Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:41 PM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:kane5576 has used that setup and ran some awesome times. Look up his registry to see his mods. I'm pretty damn sure that was on stock internals.

he also blew up his motor....

Portage, MI
Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:09 PM
What PSI was he running when it blew? 13ish? more?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search