More fuel questions (Sorry) - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
More fuel questions (Sorry)
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:41 PM
Well i'll be going turbo soon, and I thought i had a decent grasp of what fuel requirments i would need. But now i have people telling me all sorts of different crap, and frankly, im confused. Its like everyone has a different opinion of whats the right set up or what i'll need, mind you non of these people own a J-body, so here i am humbly asking the great J-body community for some straight answers. I've been searching this damn forum for two days now, and i'm just confusing myself more.

Ok first off, an FMU is a unit to raise fuel pressure under boost correct? Now is an Apex S-AFC 2 just a more diverse tool that does the same thing as an FMU? Now i'm a little confused as to what an AFPR does, i kinda thought it was used to stablize your idle when you run bigger injectors, but im not sure. I'll only be running 5psi to start, I'd just like to know what to get to run it stable and safely to start off with. Money isnt a real object, i'll spend a year getting parts if i need to, I just want it run right. thanks in advance for any information you can provide. By the by its a 99 2200.

Re: More fuel questions (Sorry)
Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:15 PM
an FMU reads boost and raises fuel pressure. an SAFC does not read boost. you set your own fuel settings in 500 RPM increments. an AFPR should be used to stablilize fuel pressure at idle when using larger injectors. at 5 psi you will be fine with your stock FPR and an FMU. Once you build your motor and start looking at 10 + psi, I'd migrate to a heavier form of tuning such as an E-mange

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search