my boost/vac gauge won't show vacuum? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my boost/vac gauge won't show vacuum?
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:32 PM
hey guys.. autometer cobalt series electric boost/vac gauge hooked up to signal hose from compressor housing to fmu... hahn turbo kit, gauge is on the hose but on the compressor side of the check valve (and before that was in, it still wouldnt really show vacuum, and the FMU acted perfectly normal, as though it wasn't seeing anything.) Why am i not getting any F-ing vacuum at the compressor housing???

Re: my boost/vac gauge won't show vacuum?
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:46 PM
hook it up to your intake manifold or TB

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 7:21 PM
^^^^yeah what he said

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:04 PM
allright yeah... i also heard from justin that i should put my fmu signal hose there too because my fmu wasnt giving enough psi... right now i have everything but the BOV coming from compressor housing.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:07 AM
your only going to find Vac. between the t/b plate and head........

Only thing you should ever hook up to the compressor housing is the Wastegate...... and then only if you want to have it open earlier.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:17 PM
Quote:

Only thing you should ever hook up to the compressor housing is the Wastegate...... and then only if you want to have it open earlier.

What did you mean by that?
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:45 PM
you guys are worrying me... too many mixed opinions. you ALWAYS hook up the wastegate to your compressor housing, as far as i know. and if you only find vacuum between tb plate and head, then why the hell do you hook up a bov hose to the intake manifold? if there was always vacuum there, wouldnt the BOV always be open?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:55 PM
tmnt328 wrote:
Quote:

What did you mean by that?

The compressor housing is going to see 7-8 psi(or what ever your wastegate is set at) before your intake manifold will, exp. if you have an intercooler. I always go to the manifold, since then I can be sure I'm getting the full 7-8psi into the engine

rob wrote:you guys are worrying me... too many mixed opinions. you ALWAYS hook up the wastegate to your compressor housing, as far as i know. and if you only find vacuum between tb plate and head, then why the hell do you hook up a bov hose to the intake manifold? if there was always vacuum there, wouldnt the BOV always be open?

ahh.... you wont have Vac, if your in boost........ and you dont have Vac. when the throttle plate is open. When your throttle closes, you get Vac, and it opens your BOV. Any place else, and you wont get Vac, and your BOV wont open.

As for ALWAYS hooking the wastegate to the compressor housing, not all turbo's have the provision to hook it there.

WOW.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:01 AM
is the power source good
Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:32 AM
actually I hooked mine up on the vacuum line (not to the fmu) and mine works just fine. it sees vacuum all the time until it sees boost.

**changes are here**

Friday, July 22, 2005 12:56 AM
Ryan (1REDRY) wrote:actually I hooked mine up on the vacuum line (not to the fmu) and mine works just fine. it sees vacuum all the time until it sees boost.

what? so you hooked your gauge to a vac. line........ and it goes to either the intake or t/b doesnt it? I never said to hook the gauge to the FMU..... just that the FMU and Gauge should go to the manifold or t/b.......

Friday, July 22, 2005 6:06 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:
Ryan (1REDRY) wrote:actually I hooked mine up on the vacuum line (not to the fmu) and mine works just fine. it sees vacuum all the time until it sees boost.

what? so you hooked your gauge to a vac. line........ and it goes to either the intake or t/b doesnt it? I never said to hook the gauge to the FMU..... just that the FMU and Gauge should go to the manifold or t/b.......

Yeah I hooked the boost gauge vac/boost line to the vac line so when the gauge sees boost it sweeps on to the boost side and reads it..... sorry I thought that you ment that you hooked it up to the fmu. now I've seen that done before too. don't know how accurate it may be.

**changes are here**

Friday, July 22, 2005 11:13 AM
I have the same gauge and hooked it up to the extra vac port on the top of the intake manifold, works flawless up to 0 boost cause I have no boost yet! Damn it!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search