still having problems with my hahn kit!!! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
still having problems with my hahn kit!!!
Monday, July 18, 2005 4:01 PM
hey guys, cutting right to the chase here, i get under boost, at about 8psi of boost, it seems that the fuel pressure would only be at about 70 or so. ive adjusted the fmu needle valve all the way in, and this still happens. auxillary pump is running, i can hear it. this problem just started a few days ago. i get under boost, and it just goes too lean from lack of fuel press... and stalls. then it wont start for a good few hours. im totally lost.

Re: still having problems with my hahn kit!!!
Monday, July 18, 2005 5:09 PM
go try what i just IMd you to do

gotta love AIM

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:19 AM
when it doens't start . try not starting your car but rather putting the key in the on position two or three tims for a couple of sec each.......

our cavaliers start the fuel pump before the engine starts to start building pressure...... if you listen carfully you can hear it hum for a sec

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:43 PM
problem has been figured out.. and it has nothing to do with the turbo install. the plug that goes from the ICM wiring harness to the ICM is loose. No idea what caused this... just a really poor fit. When you wiggle it or touch it, the car will stall.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:21 PM
this, ladies and gentlemen, is why i don't like FMU's. course, it could be in your FPR as well. oh well, time for E-manage.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:27 PM
read my post before yours.. the problem had nothing to do with the fmu. its still on the lean side (i think its my signal hose), but the car kept stalling because of a loose ICM harness. .

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:21 AM
Spotabee Racing wrote:this, ladies and gentlemen, is why i don't like FMU's. course, it could be in your FPR as well. oh well, time for E-manage.

do you ever know what your talking about?

Glad you found your problem Rob.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:34 PM
Mine was doing the same thing...I was running a fmu, stock intank fuel pump, and a Vortec inline fuel pump....the fuel pressure would not go over 70-75psi at full boost when fuel pressure was usually around 85-95psi. At idle, I would turn off the inline fuel pump leaving only the intank pump. The pressure would drop from the normal 35-40 psi to almost 10psi . I am thinking that the intank pump was going out. I put in a Walbro 255 intank pump and everything was fine.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:42 PM
The Walbro intake pump would have been my first recommendation anyways.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search