Turbo kit accessories - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo kit accessories
Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:12 AM
I'm putting a garrett T3 turbo on my 1999 Z24. Here's what I have so far:

T3 turbo (set at 7.5 psi)
Piping
Intercooler
Manifold
Oil feed and return lines
Boost Gauge
320cc injectors

I would like input on what else I need for my setup
I am getting a custom exhaust bent but wasn't sure if I need to order downpipe flange from someone or if the shop can make that too...

Also what type of fuel accessories do i need and where is the best place to get them or will the injectors handle it...

I also heard about tricking the MAP sensor with resistor, will I need to do that too?

Thanks

Re: Turbo kit accessories
Sunday, July 03, 2005 10:10 AM
well idn how much help i can be but i just finished my 99 Z24 turbo..some input first, im untuned on 330cc injectors with a Jet AFPR so im ideling fine. i boost around 5 psi max at about 1/2 throttle and that baby goes..as far as parts heres my list idn if its every single little part because i had so much little stuff and had a shop help me on it and i only payed 1/4 of what they charge since i was there with them

Johnny race car 6" Front mount
aluminum piping with silicone connectors
braided oil feed and return with compressed fittings
gauges (oil press, Boost/vac, and EGT)
Spec Stage 2 clutch
Garett T3 Super 60 with external Tial waste gate
Ebay turbo mani
Custom intake with K&N filter and Custom DP
HKS SSQ BOV with Flange
T3 Gasket
RC 330cc injectors
Jet AFPR
Apexi SAFC-2
motor mounts
as of now thats all i can think of but its so worth it i love it and i cant even get on it fully yet...ill be tuned this saturday and dynoed

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!
Sunday, July 03, 2005 11:18 AM
You are going to need something to control your fuel now... I run the greddy e-manage in my car to make up for fuel and it works good. Some like it, some like apexi SAFC instead... either way you gotta do something about it.

Depends on what you do about the map sensor. Some people put a check valve on it I have seen, I have the emanage running through it with an additional pressure sensor so when the stock map sensor sees boost it doesnt freak out because the e-manage tells it not too as long as that 330ohm resistor is in place. I'm still learning so I'm just saying what I know... the turbo veterans here can tell you better.
Sunday, July 03, 2005 2:18 PM
E-manage or Megasquirt are good tuning systems to use for boost. Bob you got a pretty good idea going. I've been wondering if a 2-bar MAP could be rigged up to work or if you could use like a VDC off an LT1...

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, July 09, 2005 1:33 PM
Wheres a good place to order a DP off of the internet, and who makes good FPRs,
Thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search