Best Manifold? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best Manifold?
Friday, July 01, 2005 8:51 PM
what is the best 2.2L OHV (95-97) turbo manifold out?

i.e. in quality & perfomace wise.

or is it just best to have one custom made?

the reason for good sticky tires!

719 Customs - Coming soon to a SoCo Area!
[A.K.A. Seven One Nine Customs] (no its not a car club)

Re: Best Manifold?
Friday, July 01, 2005 9:16 PM
It is the exploited manifold.

Unfortunately it takes forever and a day to get one.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, July 01, 2005 9:17 PM
Although, I do have to say, that Cavalier Connections are great manifolds, so I guess its a tie. Exploited if you are looking for log style, cav connection if you are looking for header style.

Friday, July 01, 2005 9:18 PM
thanks,

does cavalier connection have a web site?

Friday, July 01, 2005 9:21 PM
Yeah...

http://www.cavalierconnection.com

Leo is a great guy to deal with, he'll help you out.

Friday, July 01, 2005 9:26 PM
i figured it out after i posted, lol

Saturday, July 02, 2005 7:42 AM
i think cavalier connection has a log style manifold now http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=150768&t=150768 or am i just seeing things
Monday, July 04, 2005 8:43 AM
well i want a header style type manifold, for some reason or another i just dont like the log manifolds.

Monday, July 04, 2005 9:15 AM
Shifted wrote:It is the exploited manifold.

Every Exploited manifold i've ever seen is person was cracked.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:09 AM
cavalier connection will not sell their turbo header by itself, from what they have told me.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, July 04, 2005 10:15 AM
does cav connection sell anything form their kits seperatly, when i email them about the modified oil fill tube they said they didn't sell that seperately either.
seems to me they would probably get a few more customers if they could sell the items seperately.

but onto the topic, the cav. connection mani (header style) looks really good and i wish i could afford/get one from them but i don't want their whole kit

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:16 AM
Volumeking333 wrote:does cav connection sell anything form their kits seperatly, when i email them about the modified oil fill tube they said they didn't sell that seperately either.
seems to me they would probably get a few more customers if they could sell the items seperately.

but onto the topic, the cav. connection mani (header style) looks really good and i wish i could afford/get one from them but i don't want their whole kit

no they won't. i've tried.

Monday, July 04, 2005 11:37 AM
Explioted best manifold? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Cavy connection is wayyyyy better

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, July 04, 2005 11:57 AM
well looks like i'll be custom building a turbo manifold since explioted is C.R.A.P (like APC), and cavalierconnection wont sell thiers seperately.

if my custom turbo manifold works out good, i might just start producing them for the JBO world.

Monday, July 04, 2005 1:55 PM
Or you could buy one from the guy of ebay.

My Car
Monday, July 04, 2005 7:28 PM
theres always the saab 9-3 manifold

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 2:31 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:
Shifted wrote:It is the exploited manifold.

Every Exploited manifold i've ever seen is person was cracked.

Very unusual you say this.... Because i DO offer a LIFETIME warranty, i would think if all these people have cracked manifolds they would taking advantage of it. I have only had 2 manifolds ever come back to me, and those were old designed manifolds.

-----------------------------------
www.exploitedracing.com
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 2:45 AM
When it takes an average of 6 months for your customers to get thier parts, whats the point.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:00 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:When it takes an average of 6 months for your customers to get thier parts, whats the point.

the truth hurts.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:27 PM
Holy crap Brian posted.... wow.

All I can say is mine so far *checks car*.... has held up.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:28 PM
so one out of ever 100 manifolds is good from Brain & waiting for 6 months? WTF?. (which is IMO still CRAP!)

i'll have my chances at custom making one (will only take about a week to make) then ever buying anything from explioted/brain (and waiting 6months for it!).

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 7:37 PM
1 out of 100 are good? its the other way around bud. 1 out of 100 cracked... because they were the old design. New design has had ZERO reports of cracking. Besides, i dont see anyone else standing behind there work here on the org... no one else offers a warranty like mine.... is there a reason for that? Most likely. Im working back to the point of having manifolds INSTOCK at all times... which means delivery only takes 2-7 days.

www.exploitedracing.com
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 7:43 PM
well, I have an exploited manifold. no problems at all. And look at half of the other hard to find parts posts. everyone is bitchin about it takin 6 mo's for a body kit, or a custom intercooler. if your going to do it right get an exploited manifold and just wait it out. its the best to buy. Very well worth the wait. email me for pics if you dont believe me.

- JTR
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:35 PM
Exploited Racing wrote:Im working back to the point of having manifolds INSTOCK at all times... which means delivery only takes 2-7 days.

I'll believe it when I start seeing threads with something good to say about your company and your work... for once.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 7:01 PM
We here at Cavalier Connection weren't initially willing to sell turbo headers (2.2L OHV) or logs (2.4L DOHC) as individual pieces because we were making a few tweaks and struggling with our manufacturers to give us good enough turn-around just to meet kit demand. BUT, we're pretty much past those issues now.

Our other concern was that these headers/manifolds are custom made to our specs and thus very specific to only our kits (i.e. fit to our down-pipes charge tubes, etc.) so we didn't know whether anyone could even use them for a D.I.Y. application. BUT it's becoming apparent that may not be a valid concern.

AND, we know our modified oil fill tube for the 2.2L (for oil return) and the "no-weld" oil return kit for the 2.4L (along with the oil feed kits for both engines) are 'generic' enough to definitely work on a D.I.Y. application.

AND, we are also getting quite a few requests for the header flanges we have made for us. They're steel (not stainless) and our 2.2L flange is designed to work for BOTH the 2.2L and 2200 (which ARE slightly different in the exhaust ports, but our design accommodates both).

AND, we also discovered the "bottom" portion of both intercooler kits (i.e. intercooler core and the piping that runs to/from the engine compartment and core) could also be a good foundation for a D.I.Y. intercooler kit. All the customer would have to do is fab the piping to the throttle body and from the turbo to where our piping comes up into the engine bay. But it would spare the customer some of the harder work required on the bottom end.

SO - we're re-thinking our position on all this. Actually the custom piping is one of the more costly portions of our kits, but the rest of the pieces mentioned are not too bad. We don't know exactly what we'd have to price them at, but assuming we could be competitive, do you think there would be enough interest here to justify our offering these pieces as stand-alone components?? If there is sufficient interest, we'll do it.

We're getting ready to launch a new web site soon and would probably wait until that's up because that site will make buying from us a LOT easier (I know, I know "It's about time!" ) and reduce the number of phone calls (that we currently struggle to keep up with anyway).

So what do you think? Would it be helpful if we did this??

Thanks!
Leo @ Cavalier Connection
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search