cavalier extreme turbo kits - Boost Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
cavalier extreme turbo kits
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 4:56 PM
Im shopping for a turbo/charger kit and would love to know about your opinions on the various turbo kits available throughout the internet. ie: cavalier extreme, rsm, cav. connection etc. from people who own them. Question2... how can cavalier extreme offer a kit at such a low price. thx for any help

1/8 9.32 @ 75.231mph
1/4 14.54 @ 93.46mph

Re: cavalier extreme turbo kits
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:59 PM
my personal opinion: go with the Hahn Kit.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:46 PM
eh I'd go with cavalier connection. he's treated me right and went out of his way to help me out when I had questions and so forth. plus its a good kit.

**changes are here**

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 5:03 PM
We've sold kits to numerous customers and have excellent customer service...I'm sure you can ask on the General forums and see for yourself

The only real difference between our kits and Cavalier Connection are the manifolds, downpipe, and price. We include a log-style manifold in our kits, and no downpipe (but we do have the flange). We're actually working on getting the downpipe within the next few months. And, our prices are about $1,000 cheaper...

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help you out: admin@cavalierextreme.com

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 5:06 PM
i'd recommend frank from cavextreme to you...he's been great to deal with and will be doing my turbo setup very soon. he'll answer all your questions and give you the best price he can.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:19 PM
not to post jack, but i'm kinda new with the whole boost forum and i was wondering about space issues under the hood with the stage three kit from CavalierExtreme (for the 2.4 and the Eco please)

an army of sheep lead by a lion would defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:20 PM
got a pic of the two kits installed in the cars for the 2.4 and/or the Eco?

an army of sheep lead by a lion would defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:09 PM
id personally like to see a pic of the 2200 kit installed im serously debating this right now
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:37 PM
I don’t believe Frank knows enough about Cavalier Connection kits to be qualified to make his statements above. Comparing the Cavalier Extreme kit to the Cavalier Connection kit is comparing apples to oranges.

Cavalier Connection’s turbo kits are specifically engineered and built by us for the J-body. Each Cavalier Connection kit is proven to fit both automatics and 5-speeds with all factory accessories and optional equipment in-tact. Our kits include everything necessary for a one-person, one-weekend, all bolt-on, turn-key installation using ordinary hand tools. Cavalier Connection kits are truly complete – not DIY kits. We include comprehensive vehicle-specific instructions and there is absolutely no welding, fabrication or trips to the auto parts store required. Every pipe and manifold is custom made to our specifications, vehicle-specific and bracketed to existing factory engine or chassis mounting points.

Before Cavalier Connection releases a kit for sale, that version has been installed on one of our own daily-driven test vehicles and has been successfully installed and daily-driven by at least two customers (on different year ranges, transmission types and options) to ensure proper fit, ease of installation, quality and performance. We work closely with these customers and/or their professional installation shop during this phase to incorporate installation technique ideas/suggestions or make instructions more clear. Our kit customers get my personal cell number and are encouraged to call me anytime for quick, knowledgeable responses from either Adam or myself - the guys who have personally installed the kits numerous times and drive them almost daily.

Our 2.2L/2200 OHV turbo and intercooler kits are now complete, having passed these quality assurance tests. Our 2.4L DOHC turbo kit has also passed these tests and is ready for delivery. The intercooler kit for the 2.4L has been developed, tested and we’re only waiting on delivery of the production units from the premium header manufacturer that makes our piping. We’ve begun the “engine stand” phase of development for our upcoming Ecotec kit and just acquired a 2004 Cavalier as a test-fit vehicle and “tuning mule”.

Speaking of tuning, we’re still working hard to finish hands-on, real-world testing on a variety of injector sizes, in-line & in-tank fuel pumps, FMUs, boost controllers, wide band devices and other tuning aids to be absolutely certain we offer the right tuning solution with our kits. Testing criteria includes: performance, reliability, ease-of-tuning and affordability. Following these decisions will be extensive dyno and track testing – the result of which will be published when available.

We’re very serious about this business and very committed to this market as demonstrated by the significant R&D investment we’ve made and resultant quality and performance of our end-product. And our kit customers could tell you we’re absolutely committed to customer satisfaction.

Here’s a pic of the Cavalier Connection 2.2L/2200 OHV kit installed:
http://www.cavalierconnection.com/images/2.2_2.jpg

Here’s a pic of the Cavalier Connection 2.4L DOHC kit installed:
http://www.cavalierconnection.com/images/2.4L.jpg

Leo
Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:29 AM
Leo Cadorette wrote:I don’t believe Frank knows enough about Cavalier Connection kits to be qualified to make his statements above. Comparing the Cavalier Extreme kit to the Cavalier Connection kit is comparing apples to oranges.

Cavalier Connection’s turbo kits are specifically engineered and built by us for the J-body. Each Cavalier Connection kit is proven to fit both automatics and 5-speeds with all factory accessories and optional equipment in-tact. Our kits include everything necessary for a one-person, one-weekend, all bolt-on, turn-key installation using ordinary hand tools. Cavalier Connection kits are truly complete – not DIY kits. We include comprehensive vehicle-specific instructions and there is absolutely no welding, fabrication or trips to the auto parts store required. Every pipe and manifold is custom made to our specifications, vehicle-specific and bracketed to existing factory engine or chassis mounting points.

No need to take a hit at our company. Our kits, too, are a complete 'turn-key' bolt-on install. We are missing one item - a downpipe. However, we provide the flange. I'm working with a few customers that are coming down here to have the kit installed by us professionally. From there, we'll have track runs, dyno numbers, and downpipes available. If that's the only thing our kit is missing, how can it be considered a DIY kit? I think that's a little bit of a harsh statement.

Trips to the auto parts store? Our kit doesn't require that either. I'm not sure how you're comparing differences, when both of our kits are ready-to-go, minus the downpipe.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Thursday, June 30, 2005 5:59 AM
19sunfire99 wrote:id personally like to see a pic of the 2200 kit installed im serously debating this right now

I should be getting mine installed from cav extreme in about a month to a month and a half...i'll have plenty of pics....and dyno numbers

Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:12 AM
frank i wasn't going to say anything but i call

yOU KNOW WHAT YOUR KITS SUCK

I BOUGHT AN INTERCOOLER KIT HE TOLD ME WOULD FIT THE RSM SUPERCHARGER............ WRONG

NOT TO MENTION HE CAN'T PUT ON TOGETHER HIM SELF NORE IS IT BOLT IN AND PERFECT NO INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED ON ANY OF HIT KITS INCLUDING THE INTERCOOLER KIT THAT I BOUGHT FROM HIM

I SPENT 800 BUCKS ON A KITT FILLED WITH GENERIC PARTS AFTER HE TOLD ME THAT THIS THING WAS FOR MY CAR I LAUGHED...... THE COUPLERS DONT FIT ON TO CORE THAT HE SENT ME.... AND I HAVE TO PROVIDE PARTS MY SELF TO FINISH THIS INSTALLATION AND IT PROLLY GONNA COST ME ANOTHER 100 BUCKS

FRANK ITS TIME YOU GET FLAMED FOR THIS CAUSE YOUR KITS SUCK A$$ AND MY INTERCOOLER KIT DOES REQUIRE MULTIPLE THE AUTO PARTS STORE

I DON'T CARE IF NOW YOUR NOT GOING TO SEND ME THE PARTS THAT I NEEDED FINE GO F YOURSELF FRANK

YOUR KITS ARE GARBAGE... you don't have any pics of one installed....all you have are pics of it on the ground in your garage on your website.. your telling me that you only make 50 bucks on kits like mine i am gonna call on that too

that intercooler you can buy for like 200 on ebay, the blow off valve you can buy for like 100 new on ebay,
and 6 long elbows, 16 couplers, one corner elbow and a pipe that is 1 1/2in i am gonna say another 200 whole sale
your making more like 300

not to mention where do i put that pipe that is 1in smaller in hahaha why am i going to bottle neck my supercharger with a pipe that is a full inch smaller than everything else

and when i came to the conclusion that it is near impossible to install this intercooler oon the rsm supercharger you refused to give me a full refund.... @!#$ you frank telling me i gotta take a hit of 25% on restocking fees hahahaha thats like giving you a free 200 dollars so that you can resale this horrible kit to another unsuspecting person like me...........

now frank is going to tell you that i didn't ask all the right questions what is there to ask he said the kit was complete and bolt right in......... wrong complete means there are direction complete means i don't have to buy anymore parts to finish it. complete means that the couplers that come with it fit the intercooler core.

COMPLETE DEF MEANS THAT SOMETHING IN INCLUDED TO MOUNT THE INTERCOOLER CORE INSTEAD OF JUST BOLTS ON THE CORE IT SELF.... I STILL NEED TO GO TO THE STORE BUT BOLTS AND FASHION SOME U BRACKETS TO PUT INSTALL THE CORE.

why dont you fix that garbage webpage of yours to say we sell uncomplete kits and they do not include the following...... directions, right size couplers, a number of extra parts may be left over and a number ofother parts may need to be purchased sepratly including mounting hardware for the intercooler

and you sponsered cavalier extreme guys you guys suck too for a tiny 10% you are this guys maskots telling everyone his kits are great...... i wouldn't get sponsered by this guy unless he actually sponsered me and not just some bull@!#$ 10% off a garbage selection.........i can peice together a better tubo kit with my moms vacuum

now i am not going to completely trash frank he is a nice guy...... but when it comes to him being wrong he is so defensive that nothing really gets done about it other than him telling you he will send you more parts..... mean time i have had this intercooler sitting in my apartment FOR OVER A MONTH cause i can't put it in with out all the extra parts that you wont supply me with in any time orderly fashion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEO...

I want to thank you for all the emails it is helping me complete this kit that i have to design my self...

Leo is a respectable bussiness man that wants to help me. he hasn't made any money off of me and has helped me way more than frank exspecially since frank didn't help me at all. me and leo have been exchanged emails for about a month now he has given me a number of idea's and ways to try and peice this thing together including pictures of his intercooler kits *installed* they do bolt right in and even tho that are a little different than what i would n eed for my rsm supercharger i would be able to buy one or two more pipes and be done

i wish i considered him... but frank jumped on it and emailed me telling me that his kits will fit my supercharger... which i now know is bs

everyone leo is the man to consider for your boost job he is knowagable and even tho his kits are a litttle more expensive it's well worth it to have good customer assistance and a good well working product than to have a @!#$ty product and horrible customer assistance like franks cavalier extreme

cavalier connection is the way to go for your boosting needs

i am going to make a seperate thread because frank needs to be exposed

Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:28 AM
oh btw i have the rsm supercharger it's a nice kit but you def will need to add on the intercooler

i should have gone with a turbo but it's to late now...

again cavalier extreme's kits are so cheap because they are cheap

frank is deceptive....... he told me the the kit i was buying was complete
then why do i need to buy more hardware to mount the intercooler?
why didn't it come with directions?
why is it missing correct coupler sizes for the intercooler core?
why do i find my self needing u pipes?

franks kits are give me your money, i will give you this box of randomly assorted parts... and then you can go F yourself because i don't have anymore desire to help you figure out how my kit goes together

frank if you were up here i would install that front mount intercooler in your skull and pipe it into your a$$
Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:15 AM
sinrocker wrote:oh btw i have the rsm supercharger it's a nice kit but you def will need to add on the intercooler

i should have gone with a turbo but it's to late now...

again cavalier extreme's kits are so cheap because they are cheap

frank is deceptive....... he told me the the kit i was buying was complete
then why do i need to buy more hardware to mount the intercooler?
why didn't it come with directions?
why is it missing correct coupler sizes for the intercooler core?
why do i find my self needing u pipes?

franks kits are give me your money, i will give you this box of randomly assorted parts... and then you can go F yourself because i don't have anymore desire to help you figure out how my kit goes together

frank if you were up here i would install that front mount intercooler in your skull and pipe it into your a$$

Granted, his kits are made for a turbo, not a supercharger. So until you install one of his intercoolers on a turbo cavalier/sunfire you have no clue what the hell you're talking about. Unfortunate that it doesn't "bolt" on to your supercharger, but what did you expect. Kind of seems like common sense, seeing as a turbo and rsm supercharger are different.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:20 AM
you missed the most important part of all that he told me his kit fits my supercharger

Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:23 AM
just so you know my supercharger isn't so different it sits about 5in to the right of where a turbo would sit.... and as we all know centrifgual superchargers are nearly identical to turbos except for how the turbine is spun up

Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:52 AM
go with cavalier connection. More R&D is always a good thing. it ensures the quality of the product is top notch. plus they have a SWEET looking manifold. very quality parts. and their intercooler piping isnt just some mocked up bends it is actually made on a custom jig that has been built for each specific application. I say Cav Con or Hahn for a kit.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:13 AM
Quote:

Our kits, too, are a complete 'turn-key' bolt-on install. We are missing one item - a downpipe. However, we provide the flange.

I've never seen anyone contradict themselves in 2 consecutive sentences before. Franky you need to grab a dictionary and look up complete. Something cannot be complete and at the same time require more parts.

Never once did Leo take a stab at your compnay. In my eyes he defended his company from some asshat that is trying to compare there ebay bought turbo kit to a kit that has mostly been made in house or atleast by a competent machinist/manufactor.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:13 AM
You should check out the "About Us" page on the website, sir. We do not issue refunds after 14 days of the package shipment. You came to about 3 and a half weeks after...

I told you I would send you the proper couplers for the intercooler which were the wrong size, my fault. I'm not sure what that makes things such a big deal...

If you can "buy these items on ebay for cheaper" then why in the heck didn't you? I treated you good, and you have NO right to lie about that. This topic is about our turbo kits, not intercooler kits that I had NEVER SOLD BEFORE. You were the first customer I sold that to.

You called me, we spoke. You e-mailed me...we spoke. Not once was I deceptive. You never even ASKED if they had instructions. Everytime a customer asks, I always tell them that it DOESN'T.

Please, stop trying to take hits at our company and get back on track with the topic.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:15 AM
Hmm a complete kit that doesn't include instructions. Yet again that doesn't sound very complete to me.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:22 AM
Everything takes time. How long has Cavalier Connection been around?

We opened two MONTHS ago, and I think we're doing pretty good so far.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:23 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=326078&t=325516#326078

Why are my other customers pleased and you're not? Why didn't you contact me the first WEEK you had the kit and say you wanted a refund? I would of been more than happy to issue you one.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:24 AM
CavalierExtreme.com (Frank) wrote:
Leo Cadorette wrote:I don’t believe Frank knows enough about Cavalier Connection kits to be qualified to make his statements above. Comparing the Cavalier Extreme kit to the Cavalier Connection kit is comparing apples to oranges.

No need to take a hit at our company. Our kits, too, are a complete 'turn-key' bolt-on install. We are missing one item - a downpipe. However, we provide the flange. I'm working with a few customers that are coming down here to have the kit installed by us professionally. From there, we'll have track runs, dyno numbers, and downpipes available. If that's the only thing our kit is missing, how can it be considered a DIY kit? I think that's a little bit of a harsh statement.

Trips to the auto parts store? Our kit doesn't require that either. I'm not sure how you're comparing differences, when both of our kits are ready-to-go, minus the downpipe.

from what I seen you were bashing on cavalier connection as well to a extent, I have to agree with Leo, you seem like you didn't know enough about cavalier turbo setups to begin with from the start, I have been watching your post. now there is a guy on the other thread who's upset because you miss lead him..

**changes are here**

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:28 AM
CavalierExtreme.com (Frank) wrote:We've sold kits to numerous customers and have excellent customer service...I'm sure you can ask on the General forums and see for yourself

The only real difference between our kits and Cavalier Connection are the manifolds, downpipe, and price. We include a log-style manifold in our kits, and no downpipe (but we do have the flange). We're actually working on getting the downpipe within the next few months. And, our prices are about $1,000 cheaper...

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help you out: admin@cavalierextreme.com

I don't see any bashing against their company in my posts.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:30 AM
Yes cause we should all believe the word from someone sponsored by you.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search