map sensor??? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
map sensor???
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:40 AM
This is probably a really easy question but I have searched and searched and found nothing. I need a 2bar map sensor. Where can I get one and what is the part number. Could I use one from say...a 99 3000GT? I work at napa so wouldn't I just be able to look one up for ANY turbocharged vehicle? Please help. thanks. I have a 96 Z24 BTW.

Re: map sensor???
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 10:08 AM
You can't use a 2 bar map sensor unless the ECU is calibrated for it. Basically you can't use one since the 96 doesn't have a reflash, unless you send it out to JBP or RSM.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:02 AM
So what do I do? Is my only option sending out my ecu? What can I do? I will be using apexi safc and programmable mis dis 2.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:58 AM
For the programmable you can ADD a 2 bar map sensor by simply plugging it into a manifold vaccum source and then plugging the DIS-2 harness into it... this way the Programmable dis 2 can see boost and the stock computer still has its garbage 1 bar sensor.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 12:39 PM
^^ yup exactly what i was going to say

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:20 PM
Ok...thats good. I will be able to retard the timing according to boost but how is my ecu with the safc going to be able to accomodate the fuel with the boost? Do I just program tha safc to certain rpm's??? I will also have a sfmu and afpr. Please...any info would be great.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:08 PM
SunfighterGT wrote:For the programmable you can ADD a 2 bar map sensor by simply plugging it into a manifold vaccum source and then plugging the DIS-2 harness into it... this way the Programmable dis 2 can see boost and the stock computer still has its garbage 1 bar sensor.

-Chris-

that sounds like your best plan!

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search