Wideband and simulator? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wideband and simulator?
Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:00 AM
I will be installing a wideband kit and a safc on my turbo setup...my question is do i need the o2 simulator to fool the stock computer so i dont get a cel. Or will the safc take care of that?

Re: Wideband and simulator?
Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:03 AM
You would either keep the stock primary O2 sensor, or use the wideband to simulate a narrow band output. You need to have the narrow band signal to the ECU for fuel control, can't use a sim there. (Not to mention, one doesn't exist ).

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: Wideband and simulator?
Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:45 PM
you have the 1 wire o2 sensor I believe which if the wideband has a 1v output on it you can use the wideband to get both your narrowband back to the pcm and your wideband reading using a single sensor

I happened to have the 4 wire o2 sensor and tried doing this the wideband was not able to get a fast enough response back to the pCM so i kept on getting a slow response code and a heater circut failure code, I made a resistor pack to fool the computer into thinking the heater circut was working but could never get rid of the slow response code so i just had another hole drilled in the header and put the stock one back in to make the PCM happy

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search