turbo vac lines - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo vac lines
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 5:17 PM
can anybody help turbo almost ready just need to hook the vac lines where do they connect to thanks john

Re: turbo vac lines
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 5:27 PM
Top FAQ, second page, about half way down.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 7:37 AM
hey shifted i looked at the diagram but still isnt clear there are 4 fittings on my airesearch t3 turbo i dont have boost controller and not sure how to connect the hoses on the turbo or where they connect at the other end help please
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:27 PM
i was looking for how to connect the coolant lines to the turbo sorry for the confusion
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:42 PM
you should have one for oil and one for water cooling... you can block off that port unless you insist on having a watercooled and oil cooled turbocharger. it doesn't really matter, you can run it on straight oil cooling. it'll be fine unless you're constantly doing overboosting highway runs or you just picked a turbo too small and you are putting too heavy of a load on it... i.e heat soaking.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:38 PM
how do you block it of so i only have to run the oil through the turbo is a airesearch t3
john
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:39 PM
You can buy pipe plugs that have the same thread size as the holes.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 6:26 PM
can i just run a hose from one to the other for now so i dont have to remove te turbo assembly agian john
Thursday, June 23, 2005 6:47 PM
If you have a watercooled turbo you may as well use it. you can tap into the lines for the heatercore. they are better then nothing atall. keeping those bearings cooler goes a long way towards making the turbo last longer. Not to mention alot less of that heat will go into your oil. a safe idle down time of 30 secs will also be enjoyable

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Friday, June 24, 2005 11:51 AM
yea i went ahead and connected the coolant lines i figured it would save on heat in the engine bay anyway boosted now loads of fun
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search