boosted sunfire - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
boosted sunfire
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 7:04 PM
my uncle has a 1999 sunfire gt manual it has 170k miles (crazy huh) he wants to get a supercharger cause he drives 100 miles like everyday he wants a supercharger cause there better for daily drive right. well should he get the gm super and a 2000 engine or rebuild his 99 with 170k on it if he rebuilds what mods does he need for the2000 gm s/c to work

Re: boosted sunfire
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:43 PM
170k miles is a lot to beat on....especially with boost. he could rebuild it, but he'd probably be better off swapping in a 2000 engine and pcm. that way he can use the GM supercharger reflash for extra fuel and timing control.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:46 PM
Spilner521 wrote:170k miles is a lot to beat on....especially with boost. he could rebuild it, but he'd probably be better off swapping in a 2000 engine and pcm. that way he can use the GM supercharger reflash for extra fuel and timing control.

that's the best bet in my opinion.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 11:03 PM
Spilner521 wrote:170k miles is a lot to beat on....especially with boost. he could rebuild it, but he'd probably be better off swapping in a 2000 engine and pcm. that way he can use the GM supercharger reflash for extra fuel and timing control.

Its more than just swapping the engine then, he'd have to rewire the car for the 2k+ PCM and BCM, along with the cluster.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search