turbo timer question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo timer question
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:37 PM
does anyone think it would be needed to install a turbo timer on my car. Im installing my gm supercharger within the next month. I just thought about it cause my brother has one installed in his eclipse gsx and i thought it would be a good idea to do it for my car.

J-Bo driver once again.......

16... 15... 14... 13... 12... 11... 10... 9...

Re: turbo timer question
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:51 PM
turbo timers are used to keep the engine running at idle after you take out the key so that it keeps circulating oil through the turbo to cool it down after a hard run. since your car will be supercharged, a turbo timer will do nothing for you besides waste gas.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 11:33 AM
yea what he said. i used to have people flag me down all the time to tell me i left my car running... and finally after a minute i'd shut off and i'd just smile and say "yes i know. the car is so fast it refuses to shut off"

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:46 PM
ok i thought i would just ask. I thought it would help some but i guess ur right since the gm superchargers oil is self contained.

J-Bo driver once again.......

16... 15... 14... 13... 12... 11... 10... 9...
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:47 PM
S_Charged_Cavy wrote:ok i thought i would just ask. I thought it would help some but i guess ur right since the gm superchargers oil is self contained.

right it's self contained therefore no need to draining and cooling.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search