98 Cavalier 2.2 t3/t4 turbo tuning software - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 Cavalier 2.2 t3/t4 turbo tuning software
Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:03 PM
I was wondering does anyone know of any tuning software I can use for my 98 Cavalier 2.2 2200 motor? I'm looking for something that is somewhat cheap. Well not cheap but on the cheaper side, I really can't find any tuning software for this car period, have 430cc investors and currently on stock internal and only intend on running about 6-8psi. Can someone please give me your feedback and help? Thank you all for your time.

P.s. I'm also looking for some cheap intercooler piping. Also is there anywhere on these forums that have D.I.Y. instructions on how to install the turbo on this car? Cause I know for 1 thing, where the turbo is supposed to sit the Oil dipstick/fill is in the way.

Re: 98 Cavalier 2.2 t3/t4 turbo tuning software
Friday, January 14, 2011 4:19 AM
Most people use this for tuning: http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite.php
It is about 350 used, and 550 new.

I don't think you will find "instructions" on how to install a turbo. It will take quite a bit of research if you are not familiar with ALL of the components needed to properly turbo your car. As far as the dipstick tube being in the way, I cut mine up and rotated the tube and the bracket, and welded it back up.

If you don't feel comfortable to build your own setup, Hahn Racecraft makes a nice kit for the 2200.
Re: 98 Cavalier 2.2 t3/t4 turbo tuning software
Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:48 PM
Thank you very much. I have everything for the kit except for a tune, oil lines, intercooler piping, dump tube, and a catch can.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search