Turbo Timer help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo Timer help
Friday, January 07, 2011 7:47 AM
Hey guys, I have a greddy timer and i was reading the turbo timer install that blue splash had made-- http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=173179&t=114794&p=1 and he sais there is a harness with a white end? Here is a pic below of what i have, i got it used so I may be missing something, but i just have the actual timer itself with the harness coming directly out of it like so....

Am i missing something? If so, where could i get it?

Thanks guys.

CAR IS FOR SALE...Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi

Re: Turbo Timer help
Friday, January 07, 2011 2:41 PM
There is not a j body harness that's pre fab. Mine had all the ends cut off and i just spliced the wires in using the write up I believe you posted.

Friday, January 07, 2011 3:52 PM
cool, so just hack off that black plug at the end of the wires in the picture i posted above and use those?

Thanks

Friday, January 07, 2011 3:55 PM
You should have several feet of cable/wire correct? if i read right and remember mine, one plugs into the turbo timer and then cut the other end of that off so you have enough wire to run it to the ebrake and splice the rest in...

Friday, January 07, 2011 4:14 PM

Thats all i have, sorry its so small. But the wires just go directly into the timer, then only about 5 inches of wire coming out. Am i missing something?

Friday, January 07, 2011 4:20 PM
can you get me a little bigger pic? i think there is more wiring is all, nothing you cant add yourself really.

Friday, January 07, 2011 4:25 PM

here ya go.

Friday, January 07, 2011 4:41 PM
yeah i believe you can cut the connector off. all the other cable is, would be an extension of the wires. just as long as you solder/heat shrink the wires that you add on, you should be fine. I wish I had a pic of mine. ill look and see if i can find one.

Friday, January 07, 2011 4:44 PM
Alright cool, thanks for the help vincent.

Friday, January 07, 2011 4:58 PM
No problem, just follow the write up and it works perfect. i idle mine for 5 minutes now but being a saab, you probably wont have to go that long really. id say an EASY 2-3 minimum. Better safe than sorry. Let us know how it planes out.

Friday, January 07, 2011 5:36 PM
right on, i planned on doing 2:30, should be good. I might tackle it this weekend. Are the wires under the dash off to the left in that big cluster of wires in the black loom?

Friday, January 07, 2011 7:09 PM
yeah most is just like in the pics. obviously the console has to come out to do the parking brake wire. but yeah its all really simple

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search