running richer than the UEGO can read - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
running richer than the UEGO can read
Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:48 AM
I've had my M62 with the reflash on my 05 Sunfire for a couple months now. For the past couple weeks it has been running so rich that the AEM UEGO can't read that high. Whenever I reach boost and sometimes no boost and partially on the throttle, the UEGO will creep up towards 10.0 then will read the 3 dashes. If I let off the accelerator, it will eventually read 10.0 again and work its way to 3 dashes again while decelerating. Any one ever come across this before? Is it the extra cold air from being so cold outside?

Re: running richer than the UEGO can read
Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:01 AM
something doesnt sound right...

Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:15 AM
Is there a trouble shooting guide on their website to make sure its working? My innovate did 3 dashes when I installexd it. Turns out it was faulty and got a free replacement.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:19 AM
Boost leak?

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, December 26, 2010 11:32 AM
^^ or exhaust leak?

Sunday, December 26, 2010 12:10 PM
Mine had 3 dashes when I was richer than 10.0. But the tune on my car was garbage at that time. Never seen the 3 dashes since I have been properly tuned.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 4:52 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:^^ or exhaust leak?

this is what I'm leaning towards as well

Matthew Jollymore wrote:Mine had 3 dashes when I was richer than 10.0. But the tune on my car was garbage at that time. Never seen the 3 dashes since I have been properly tuned.

this is the GM reflash I can't retune
Sunday, December 26, 2010 5:22 PM
Exhaust leak would only be it if its before the narrow band o2 and them it could only do so much through the fuel trim. Boost leak could make it a huge amount if rich and depending where its leaking it might not leak unless in boost or heavy vac.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:34 PM
AEM read's 3 dashes when it is lean. Not rich. Mine read's 10.0 no matter how rich I am. It sounds like you have a wiring or a sensor issue

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, December 27, 2010 12:32 PM
Mine went 3 dashes when I was 9:1 A/F and the 3 dashes flashed slowly as well, it did the same thing when I let off and it went lean.

Monday, December 27, 2010 12:44 PM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:AEM read's 3 dashes when it is lean. Not rich. Mine read's 10.0 no matter how rich I am. It sounds like you have a wiring or a sensor issue

But Its definitely not lean as my bumper and tail pipes are covered in carbon. What about it being unburned fuel from a misfire or something along those lines? raw fuel would not bonded to the o2 in there

Monday, December 27, 2010 1:18 PM
Thats very possible. My AEM has never done anything then show 10.0 AFR when I am rich..

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, December 27, 2010 5:58 PM
1. Is there or isn't there an exhaust leak?
2. How old is the sensor? If its been in use for a long while, and you have black build up on your buumper as stated from it being too rich, you may have killed your sensor.
3. The --- on decel may be normal depending on DFCO settings and the accuracy of the tune.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:26 AM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:1. Is there or isn't there an exhaust leak?
2. How old is the sensor? If its been in use for a long while, and you have black build up on your buumper as stated from it being too rich, you may have killed your sensor.
3. The --- on decel may be normal depending on DFCO settings and the accuracy of the tune.

I'm pretty sure the Tsudeo header is leaking
The sensor is only 6 months old
the --- on decel is normal
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:21 PM
Mine did the --- when it went pig rich on a cold start one day it had the --- and the sweeping less went to the green side. So it can do the --- for rich.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search