1st start up of car with the turbo on! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1st start up of car with the turbo on!
Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:07 AM
null
1st start up of the car! it ran allot better after it clears out, now it runs great off the break. comments please...... p.s. sorry bout the potty mouth and btw t25/t28

Re: 1st start up of car with the turbo on!
Sunday, June 10, 2007 7:08 AM
loooks good, you have a pretty nice exhaust leak there.

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Sunday, June 10, 2007 9:16 AM
ahahahaaa, mother @!#$, car, @!#$, mother @!#$, put this camera on the @!#$ ledge, @!#$... unreal, learn to talk

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, June 10, 2007 1:14 PM
It wouldda been better if you didnt speak, i agree... nice setup tho
Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:01 PM
have you people ever been excited?

Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:10 PM
Nice to see another boosted J!

What's the smoke from?

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:19 PM
nate -- of course I have been excited, but come on man, you look like an intellegent guy, no reason to swear like the Angry nintendo nerd

Blue -- first time start up on the turbocharger, likely some oil on the manifold/turbo... and it also sounds like it is really rich and has no downpipe.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:10 PM
Nice man. I didnt even realy notice cursing cause you were talking so low and fast lol, but it dont bother me.

You should realy try to come to the next MD meet

Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:46 PM
retard painted the manifold, so it was the paint burning off, also running rich as all get out. it has a down pipe but cut off at the cat.... load as hell. well after driving it some im running 10 lbs and running strong. and whoever says a t25 is too small is crazy 10lbs @ 2000 rpms get off me!!!!! it balls out now so much fun!!!! and to the people that object to my potty mouth 1st i warned you 2nd messin with this thing for 2 weeks....im a little excited that was the 1st time i started it what do you want from me..... ill try to get to the next meet still got stuff to do with it

Monday, June 11, 2007 7:19 PM
Yeah, that turbo is small for your motor....who wants 10psi @ 2000rpm when you really dont make any decent power until 3500-5800rpm? You might notice up at that high of rpm your psi might drop off becasue the turbo you have runs out of breath when your motor is turning fast enough to really push some air through it.
Monday, June 11, 2007 7:58 PM
your nutz.....pulls hard the whole way up the power band. have you ran a 2.4 w/ a t25? all the t3's that ive seen are pretty much undrivable until 3rd gear, not the case for this setup

Monday, June 11, 2007 8:56 PM
cool somebody in my area that can help me with my setup right???

Today we plan for the future, tomorrow we make history.
Monday, June 11, 2007 9:16 PM
I have been through so many turbos and the t3/to4b 0.63 turbine is my favorite. I hate it when I can't drive outta boost, everytime you pass someone it has to make pressure. And not drivable till 3rd... whatever, never heard that before.. my turbo is fairly big for my car and it is almost undrivable in 1st and 2nd because you just burn instantly to redline all the time, 3rd is better, but a little more pressure and it will be much more deadly.

I understand this is just from my experience and I don't have all the answers.. but I have run 4 different turbos on cavaliers, and 2 on neons, so I have a little bit of play time.

smallest I ran was a t3 rb20dtt or w/e turbo from a nissan.. it was dual ball bearing and made boost easily by 2000 rpm, it was kinda neat, but really dragged in 4th and 5th on the highway, and was always blowing off and boosting, and sucked fuel so bad... was just very unpleasant to drive.

2nd I ran was a 86 supra t3 turbo (simular to a super 60) it was really good, but seemed like it needed a little help spooling (this was the only non-intercooled setup on the 2.4) it made decent power, but the turbo lost all potential around the 11-12 psi mark

now the t3/to4b is perfect, I can drive around out of boost, but anytime you want boost, it is about 1/4 second away and lots of torque, I would really recommend something this size or maybe even a little larger.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:34 AM
Looks good.

Mutha @!#$a!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:59 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:Looks good.

Mutha @!#$a!

Congrats on getting it finished.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:59 PM
if anyone cares there is a vid link in photos and media ck it out

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:16 PM
You swear more than *most* or the Marines i know...

Nice job.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:53 PM
that @!#$ brings back memories.

have fun

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search